Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet mk2 on a mac - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

marzd4lHome userMember since 2004
hi there...i know mk2 is supposed to be pc only...i have bought it 2 months ago but now i have bought an imac...are there any drivers to at least use it as a multi0-soundcard?
any plans to release mac drivers for mk2 by hercules?
u think it might work in parallels desktop for mac?
thanx

Posté Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 10:13 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
can you dual boot with bootcamp?

Posté Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 10:30 am
yes u can have bootcamp, but the purpose of buying the imac is to use macosx and not windows again:-)

Posté Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 11:36 am
true but there is no mac driver and its unlikey that there is going to be one developed , so u gota make that call

virtual dj however will be comming to mac shortly after xmas

Posté Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 11:39 am
so since virtual is coming to mac, isnt it time for hercules to make a driver?
what were they thinking when the developed 2 different pieces of hardware??
i mean i've never seen that...2 different soundcards for mac and pc...why not have different drivers...electronic is elctronics...u dont have capacitors and resistors for pc and others for mac...

Posté Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 11:50 am
maybe you should write to their support :)

and encourage them to to make a driver

as they have a mk1 version for mac and its the same unit with a mac driver

but they did not do it for mk2

Posté Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 11:57 am

Posté Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 9:02 pm
i know that they make it for mac, but i dont get it...a lot of users are switching to mac after buying and trying the product on their pc...since i paid 300euro for this, its not fair that they dont make a driver to AT LEAST use it as a multi-channel soundcard....since they say that its a multi - channel soundcard///
i emailed them and they say they gonna build a mk2 version for mac again using the same philosophy...different hardware...really stupid...i guess they are going to loose a lot of mac shitching customers...i will never buy one of their products again...

any idea if a generic asio driver for mac will work?

Posté Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 8:24 am
try asio for all but if the device isnt recognised its a tough one

Posté Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 10:47 am
I'm running winxp with bootcamp, Mk2 works like a charm with vdj 3 something.
When booting osx the soundcard in mk2 is reqognized. Tried using it as a midicontroller with ableton live but wont get it working. Having a friend over this weekend, will see if we work it out. ill keep posting. sry language, from sweden :)

Posté Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 10:30 pm
Im new to mac and wish I never changed if I knew I couldn't use virtual dj!!! Anyways whats the beal with this bootcamp thing? What is it, who do I use it, and where can I get it?

Posté Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 2:22 pm
tobyobieone wrote :
Im new to mac and wish I never changed if I knew I couldn't use virtual dj!!! Anyways whats the beal with this bootcamp thing? What is it, who do I use it, and where can I get it?

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

There is the free software from Apple that will allow you to install (only) windows XP SP2, Home or Pro edition, on any Intel based Mac. That is how I've been running VDJ on my Mac for over 9 months now.

The Mac version of VDJ should be out soon though you won't have to use windows for long if all you're going to use it for is VDJ.

The creation of this new Mac section is somewhat indicative of that.

Posté Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 1:05 am

Posté Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 1:14 am
all sorted now

should be a good controler for the new mac edition :)

Posté Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 11:54 am
skyfxl wrote :
all sorted now

I just hope that Virtual Vinyl supports other soundcards besides Numark's own.

If not, do we have to use VirtualDJ Pro for non-Numark soundcards and controllers.

This is in part why I bought VDJ Pro for windows after the free Mac "switch-grade" was announced anyway, along with my supporting Open Source and SDK availability and their coders.

Posté Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 12:28 pm
well , it will support any that mac supports basicaly

Posté Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 12:30 pm
i have read about how some simpler cards like u46dj

will work ok on the default mac audio drivers

but unfortunatley i do not think asio mode is supported

Posté Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 12:32 pm
Ooops! Sorry, but I went over the 15 minute time limit to revise my post and response to yours.

Here they are in their entirety:

skyfxl wrote :
all sorted now

I just hope that Numark Virtual Vinyl supports other soundcards and controllers besides Numark's own.

If not, do we have to use VirtualDJ Pro for non-Numark soundcards and controllers?

This is in part why I bought VDJ Pro for windows after the free Mac "switch-grade" was announced anyway, along with my supporting Open Source projects, SDK availability, and the coders themselves.

Also, is there any word on our ability to seamlessly integrate into an SSL environment? With the vast majority of clubs and now radio stations having Serato SL already in place, this is NOT an option and would be a BIG mistake on Numarks part in advancing it's presence among professionals here in the U.S. whether they're on Macs or not (but as we here in the US know, MOST professionals are using SSL on Macs). We need to be able to plug into an SSL environment just as easily as an SSL user can plug into another SSL users set-up.

You saw some of those event flyers that I'm on sky. How many turntablist/dj's are there on them? I see 8 on the first flyer and 15 on the 2nd flyer in this other thread:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/64014/General_Discussion/Only_1_CREW_can_bring_2_COMPETING_LA_radio_stations__TOP_TURNTABLISTS_together_.html?page=1

ALL of them are SSL users now, and I have NO chance trying to convince all of those other turntablists to let me unplug their SSL set-up so that I can plug mine in and risk killing a dancefloor with up to 2,000 people if something goes wrong, when we are all doing 15-20 minute rotations. By the time I'm done plugging everything in and configuring my set-up, it'll be time to pack it up for the next SSL user.

PROFESSIONAL U.S. turntablists and/or DJ's will NEVER switch from SSL to VirtualDJ OR Virtual Vinyl if they can't seamlessly integrate into an SSL environment! Numark can kill the integration support when it becomes dominant, but it will never become dominant if it can't let it's users integrate into the current dominant SSL set-up.

Hopefully that won't be the case though as had been mentioned previously. =)

Let us know if you know anything sky. =)

Posté Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 12:48 pm
to my understanding ssl will work fine , because as i said , its a mac supported device

therfore the os and vdj can read it

but its a hopless case for some cards which where made only for windows drivers and thats the responsiblity of the manufacturer

Posté Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 1:44 pm
Okay, got it! =)

That Rane Serato ScratchLive integration is ESSENTIAL for the adoption of Numark Virtual Vinyl among the professional U.S. market including the artists (turntablists/dj's), venues, and radio stations.

Glad to hear that we'll still be able to easily swap out our equipment on the fly in high pressure situations.

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 12:25 am
91%