Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet second and third problem with using this live

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

at some places i play, the first 2 hours are dead so i have all my own mixes from old sets that i play in the dead hours. for some reason vdj will only load one of these 2 hour mixes and if i try to load another one it will freeze the software!! these tracks are fine and they work with traktor and serato! vdj even analysed them and everything!! is there something i can do to make them load quicker or not load anything but the audio? try and do this and see what kinda results you get.

second, i am trying to make my own samples with some hooks i made for myself and when i record them there really low? i tryed to turn the gain up but if u go to far it gets disorted. is there a way i can turn up the recording level in the sampler?

i have PA going crazy about video mixing and so far i like this program!!! i have 4 other djs about to get this but they do the same thing as me and it sucks that i have to run trakor in the background to play tracks longer than 2 hours and run vdj on automix to have the sonique video on the screens!!

thanx

Posté Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 4:35 am

Posté Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 4:43 am
the volume of my mp3 is fine. how can i increase the volume on the vdj sample that i recorded from the mp3?

Posté Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 4:47 am
How much ram on your system?
What’s processor are U using?

Posté Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 4:48 am
djcaraby wrote :
the volume of my mp3 is fine. how can i increase the volume on the vdj sample that i recorded from the mp3?

same way.. open in the software and increase the volume?
If it’s a wav file convert it to mp3.. The newer version of mp3trim might load wav.

Posté Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 4:50 am
excuse my delayed responses. im spinnin live as we speak now!
athlon fx-55 / 1.5gbs ram / radeon x1300 video card. this happens on all three of my systems my biostar cube has 3.2 pentium 4 with hyper threating / 2 gbs of ram and the same video card! my 3rd system isn't worth mentioning!!!

so that program will recognize vdj sample files? there not wave or mp3 files. if so i'll get it now.
can i load mp3 or wavefiles into the sampler? if so that will solve the whole problem

Posté Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 4:59 am
Got it

Try renaming the file extension *.mp3, than open them in any wave editor, increase the amplification and rename them back in *.vdj. It shouldn't delete other info.

Posté Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 5:19 am
djcaraby.. send me a e-mail and I will send back to you the software..

prodjs@hotmail.com

Posté Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 5:49 am
how loud are your samples compared to the decks? IE load a song in the sampler, and load the same song in a deck and compare.

If you are using a 4 channel sound card VDJ may be mapping your sampler sounds to come out of deck one's output, and deck two's outputs, splitting the volume across 2 outputs seems to quieten things down.

if you have a 6 channel or more sound card (ie 3 x stero out) set VDJ for 3 channel mixer, and use the centre out (Ie config Left deck 1 + 2, Sampler 3 + 4, Right deck 5 + 6) to give the sampler its own output channels.
If you only have 2 X stereo outs on your sound card, (Ie sampler is comming out of both left deck and right deck outputs) try pushing both left and right decks channels up on your external mixer when using the sampler.

Posté Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 11:40 am
ok thanks for that info. i will try that this week. has anyone tryed to load tracks one hour or longer yet?

Posté Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 8:37 pm
I had this problem too. The experienced users can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can address this problem in the options menu. Look under 'Max Load." The default is always. There are several different options based on time increments. I have changed the setting but haven't tried loading one of my longer files yet. I not sure if the long file will continue playing after the time set in the "Max Load" option runs out. Hopefully, the memory buffer will float to stay ahead of the playing file.

Posté Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 11:57 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes, Set Max load to "Always", your memory is sufficent.

Posté Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 12:04 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)