Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet DJ MIXING : basic - advanced - pro - Page: 24

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Don't forget to mix in key.

It doesn't matter how good you are at beat mixing, if its not in key - people will notice.

Posté Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 4:33 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
You cannot generalize that. It depends what kind of DJyou are/ Music you are playing. If you are a Club DJ doing mostly Electro Suff this might fit. Being a wedding DJ or doing Apres Ski Gigs in Skiing Areas (e.g. Austria/ Switzerland) usually you focus on the guest´s mood having a good time.

Posté Tue 04 Feb 14 @ 1:30 am
RobRoy speaks the truth.

Sometimes it's just not possible/practical to mix in key (or mix at all). When the night is going well and you know just the song to play next, which will send hands into the air........except it's in a different key. And a different tempo.

Choose your moment and just play it. They will love you.

Posté Tue 04 Feb 14 @ 6:41 am
Does anyone know of any classes offered in the Boston area to practice mixing using Virtual DJ?

Posté Mon 24 Feb 14 @ 10:57 pm

Posté Wed 26 Feb 14 @ 11:16 am
ChrisSawyer wrote :
Does anyone know of any classes offered in the Boston area to practice mixing using Virtual DJ?

Have a look under the Community menu (above) at the users network. There should be a map showing users in your area. Pick a Pro user and drop them a line. They may be prepared to help for free.

(that mmmmaven course is $1500)

Posté Wed 26 Feb 14 @ 11:41 am
hello my name is nour, im from amman jordan, my wedding is in 3 months , we dont have good djs here i downloaded virtual dj and dont know how to use it i just need to crop some portions of a song and mix it with another song.. can someone please be so kind to me and help me please with it?? only if someone has some spare time to do so.. that would mean so much to me as its my first dance song..

Posté Sun 16 Mar 14 @ 8:21 pm

Posté Mon 17 Mar 14 @ 5:45 am
This is some great advice!

Posté Mon 14 Apr 14 @ 10:00 pm
djkashka wrote :
This is some great advice!

Yo Welcome Buddy :D Enjoy Your VDJ

Posté Thu 08 May 14 @ 5:25 am
bigga88Home userMember since 2014
this software is magical..... i even dont need a cdj to mixx.....i do alot with vdj tht sam i cant do on a cdj.................

Posté Sat 10 May 14 @ 5:12 pm
Hi there, I got the DJ2GO controller and I did try to play with the virtual DJ Home free but doesn't work then I been play with virtual DJ LE Lite DJ2GO however I prefer play with virtual DJ Home free i think is more complete then virtual DJ LE Lite DJ2GO, can you guys advise me what to do

Posté Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 6:53 pm

Posté Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 4:39 am
Please do not hijack topics by posting a message or question that is not related in any way.

Your post has nothing to do with learning how to mix, which this topic is about.

VirtualDJ Home FREE is for mouse/keyboard use only and does not support using MIDI controllers (Except for 10 minutes at a time as a trial of the full software.) To use the DJ2GO, you will need to purchase a VirtualDJ v8 controller license for it. For commercial use (At gigs where you are being paid), you will need to either purchase VirtualDJ Pro Infinity or take out a monthly VirtualDJ v8 subscription.

If you need any further assistance, then please open your own new topic by clicking on the paper (+) icon at the top of the main forum topic list page or contact support.

Posté Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 4:40 am
just wondrin about setting cue cue points, 'cos I'm very new to it(only started setting cue points a few weeks ago).
so I just set these on the fly with my mouse after hearing the song one time. Am i doing it right?
Is there a way of sharing cue points?
thx
ray

Posté Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 9:36 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Looks good.

In general: You are setting Cue Points at specific parts of the track. Like at the very first beat. Or if the track has a 64 beats intro another Cue point at beat 33. Or in front or after a breakdown, before the chorus starts... depending on the track.

And no, you can't share Cue points. The are stored in the database for each track.

In theory, it is kind of possible, but therefor you have to share the track aswell and the part in the database that holds the Cue points.
After that you just have to add the track to your database, anaylse it, open the database with an editor and paste the Cue infos at the right place. So, no very practical and you really have to know what your are doing.

Posté Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 10:57 am
Thx Pachn8

Posté Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 11:11 am
djsukusHome userMember since 2015
i want a license number for my virtual dj pro 7.4 ,,,..how do i get it or someone can help me please...

Posté Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 11:05 am
Simple. Buy a license.

Posté Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 1:32 pm
When I play any son in virtual dj 8 the sound of song becomes iritating
also redownloaded the software but the problem remained as it is
Please help as early as possible

Posté Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 3:09 pm
97%