Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VDJ DVD Ripper

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Problem that I have come across using the DVD ripper within VDJ, is that is seems to fail when there are multiple cells within a .vob file. What I mean with this, is that 1 .vob file can have up to 10 videos. Ihave noticed that the DVD ripper will fail halfway through the ripping process, and I also have found out that it is not grabbing the entire video.
I used a program called VobBlanker, and had it rip the cells from the .vob files, this software works great, and actually is fast, and most important grabs the entire video. I have also noticed that vdj file size of the rips are exactly 2kb less than what VobBlanker saves the files as.
So looks like the dvdripper in vdj may need to have some enhancements done.

Posté Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 3:30 am
funnyb0nz wrote :
Problem that I have come across using the DVD ripper within VDJ, is that is seems to fail when there are multiple cells within a .vob file. What I mean with this, is that 1 .vob file can have up to 10 videos. Ihave noticed that the DVD ripper will fail halfway through the ripping process, and I also have found out that it is not grabbing the entire video.
I used a program called VobBlanker, and had it rip the cells from the .vob files, this software works great, and actually is fast, and most important grabs the entire video. I have also noticed that vdj file size of the rips are exactly 2kb less than what VobBlanker saves the files as.
So looks like the dvdripper in vdj may need to have some enhancements done.

My recommendation is use the VDJ ripper if it works for you. If not, use something better. Either way, be glad you got a free ripper that seems to work somewhat, if not perfect in all cases.

Posté Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 8:45 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Anewsome: As you can see I did use another program, that works great. This psot is basically just for the team to add to the list, I am sure the team doesnt want something half ass working. Now with DVD's the manufacturers are always coming up with new ways to try and defeat the software that copys/rips there content. So like I said this is to allow the team to add it to the list of enhancements for a future version.

Posté Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 9:21 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)