Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Help Plz - Fast Track Pro Question

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I posted this in the hardware section and it had 14 views, no replies, and already on Page 2 so thought I would post this here and maybe someone will reply. :) I'm having to use the unit all weekend starting tonight.

Hi Guys,

So I have the M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB. I have a few questions about it because i'm not sure if what is happening is supposed to be happening and i'm in need of some more gain.

On the back of the box I plug my RCA cables into 1,2,3,4. (2 Stereo Outputs)

On the front of the box, with the cables in the back, are 1 and 2 supposed to work? There is a a button for Inst and Line. When pressed in it's Line when depressed its Inst. There is a gain knob on the left. Same thing for #2. Am I supposed to see "Signal" and is the Gain knobs supposed to work? If so, they aren't. Nothing is happening.

On the front right side of the box is the stereo/mono button and a "Mix" knob and an "Output" knob. I have these turned all the way up (far right). These knobs do adjust the volume.

I'm just wondering if the GAIN knobs on the front are supposed to be working with the RCA cables plugged into the back, or do they only work when a Mic/Inst is plugged in the front.

Thanks for the help and clarafication.

Posté Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 6:36 pm
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I posted this in the hardware section and it had 14 views, no replies, and already on Page 2 so thought I would post this here and maybe someone will reply. :) I'm having to use the unit all weekend starting tonight.

Hi Guys,

So I have the M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB. I have a few questions about it because i'm not sure if what is happening is supposed to be happening and i'm in need of some more gain.

On the back of the box I plug my RCA cables into 1,2,3,4. (2 Stereo Outputs) ARE YOU PLUGING THESE INTO AN EXTERNAL MIXER?

On the front of the box, with the cables in the back, are 1 and 2 supposed to work? There is a a button for Inst and Line. When pressed in it's Line when depressed its Inst. There is a gain knob on the left. Same thing for #2. Am I supposed to see "Signal" and is the Gain knobs supposed to work? If so, they aren't. Nothing is happening. IN THE FRONT OF THE SOUND CARD ARE LINE IN'S. YOU SHOULD SEE A SIGNAL IF YOU ARE RECORDING.

On the front right side of the box is the stereo/mono button and a "Mix" knob and an "Output" knob. I have these turned all the way up (far right). These knobs do adjust the volume. tURNING TO THE RIGHT PLAY THE OUTGOING SIGNAL LOUDER, TO THE LEFT THE VOLUME IS RAISED ON WHAT YOU ARE RECORDING.

I'm just wondering if the GAIN knobs on the front are supposed to be working with the RCA cables plugged into the back, or do they only work when a Mic/Inst is plugged in the front. THEY ONLY MAKE YOUR RECORDING'S LOUDER. IF YOU ARE NOT RECORDING, YOU DO NOT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THE GAINS ON THE FRONT.

Thanks for the help and clarafication.

HOPEFULLY THIS HELPS.

Posté Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 6:42 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi Santd!

Thanks for replying.

Yes I am plugging the other ends of the RCA's into an external mixer...well sort of at one club I plug into their patch bay at the other club its directly into the Rane 2016.

Aahh Line In's on the front..okay I'm not recording so guess that answers that question. Only when I have input going in will I see the signal and clip lights lighting up.

Your reply definetely helps.

I guess the only way to get more gain out of my tunes is for the files to be louder.

Is there some type of mp3 gain program that will mass add gains to the files?

Posté Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 8:13 pm
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are ripping vinyl, and creating MP3's it is not an exact science. I have sound forge 6.0 and wavelab, but the program that works best is by Imagix, I can not remember its exact name but it was $30. For setting volumes it is great. It analyzes your track and prompts you through cleaning and making the mp3's sound great.

if you are recording mixes, the I use the wave hammer plug in in sound forge.

Posté Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 8:38 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)