Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Resetting the quality everything I restart????? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Resetting the quality everything I restart?????

What is up with that? If I have it set to 512 ,when I restart the laptop I have to go in and change it to 1024. and then if I shut it off, I restart and I have to change it back to 512.
It doesnt matter what the setting it is on , I have to go in and change it for the music to play.

I dont think it is the sound card, but I run a Fast Track Pro..

Posté Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 8:17 pm
Are you running in ASIO mode? Try setting it to auto. I have a FTP also and I run it ASIO and auto.

Rusty

Posté Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 9:47 pm

with such pro soundcard, you all should choose AUTO for latency in VDJ, and let the soundcard take control of the latency

Posté Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 9:49 pm
ok I tryed it
and the same thing. it works and then if I shut it down and restart it ----->nothing. I have to open that window and hit any thing in there and say OK to it and it will play the song..

NuMark Ver 4.3.r12
stock skin.
Fast Track Pro
XP Pro
laptop (super fast)------> 2 Gigs-Ram, duocore2 -2.0--- 566-fsb

Posté Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 11:36 pm
Any help would help...:)

Posté Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 1:56 am
Scott, is this the only thing that is not saving in VDJ? Are cue points, and bpms saving?

Posté Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 10:22 pm
Okay I will try to explain this better.
After reading the boards about how to set up a sound card (ASIO), I have followed all the recommendations.
The thing is when I start up CUE and load a song and press play it will not work. I have to go into performance and move the slider from 512 to 1024. Then it will work I can play all night with no problems. Now if I close out of CUE and reopen at all the settings are the same but -- -- -- when I load the song it will not play so now I have to set it from 1024 by moving the slider back to 512. Then it will work.
Old my settings are being saved none of the settings move on close. I am not re starting my computer just exiting out of cue. It seems like all I have to do is go into performance, move the slider, click okay and it works. Doesn't matter where I move it to, just as long as I move it and click okay. As it is playing I can go into performance I can move the slider from either 512 to 1024 or from 1024 to 512 and he keeps on playing.

I have checked --
all the drivers for am audio FastTrak Pro(they are up-to-date)
my laptop drivers are all up to date
I have uninstalled FastTrak Pro and reinstalled it
I have uninstalled and reinstalled CUE
I have set the settings for the card to AUTO unchecked into boxes next to the.
I know it's not the laptop as I have put cue on a different laptop to see if that would work I know it is not the sound card as for I have two sound cards. And down to the point where I have researched and think it is the skin -- -- -- -- and yes I use the OEM skin. The version of cue I am running is
4.3 .r12
any help would be great help.
After sitting back and thinking about it I guess if there is no fix I can live with it.
All I have to do is start up cue, go into performance move the slider click okay and I am up and running for the whole night.

Posté Fri 06 Apr 07 @ 6:06 pm
I got it now. From where I'm sitting, this is very simple. You're fucked. No, no, I am only kidding. Thought I'd throw in a little Good Friday humor. Your observation about the skin may be true, since that is the only thing that is different from VDJ. I have never seen this problem mentioned in VDJ. I don't have a solution, but am trying to keep a light on the subject. Maybe one of the smart guys will see it, and address this. Did you try the help desk yet? Good luck.

Posté Fri 06 Apr 07 @ 7:23 pm
Not to be lame, but yes I have call them and they dont know the answer. :)

Posté Fri 06 Apr 07 @ 7:28 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Scott,
Strangest thing i've ever heard of, something got jocked somewhere.

I would copy your Numark Cue folder.
Then click start, control panel. add/remove and uninstall.
Then click start, my computer, program files, Numark Cue and delete it.
Then click start, run, type reg edit, click HKEY local machine, then software, find Numark Cue and delete that.
Reboot
Then get a fresh install from the download center and install it.
Restore what you need from the folder you saved, plug ins, database, playlists etc...
Open the program and see if things work.

DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN THE PERFORMANCE TAB unless you experience sound issues..
Just set it to Auto which will probably leave the setting at 512.
Uncheck Safe mode and Overclock.

Then report back.

Posté Fri 06 Apr 07 @ 7:33 pm
I know people, let me see what I can do.

HEY NORWAY!

OK.

HEY RICK!

I told you I know people

Posté Fri 06 Apr 07 @ 7:37 pm
MP3 Rick
I have done that.
I have a really hard time beliving that this can happen on 2 different laptops with 2 different fast track pro's.

Posté Fri 06 Apr 07 @ 8:15 pm
MP3rick are you in the USA? if so can I call you ( I have free phone) or if you want to you can call me. I will PM if you want to..

Posté Fri 06 Apr 07 @ 8:17 pm
Do it again, and get a fresh install.
I mean step by step exactly as I outlined.
That is the only common thing between your machines.

Posté Fri 06 Apr 07 @ 8:20 pm
I total understand that. but I did it. I have done the fresh install 3 times. I think it is in the update. or the skin..

I have even installed from the disc and then installed it from the site.

Posté Fri 06 Apr 07 @ 8:38 pm
Maybe a bad install file from the site. Like it's missing one 0.

Posté Fri 06 Apr 07 @ 8:56 pm
The logic says if its on more than one machine it would be the install file.
If it was the master install, we'd have Cue users climbing the walls now and we don't.

Looking into it, hang tight

Posté Fri 06 Apr 07 @ 9:02 pm
I thought he may be the ONLY user. Or just the first.

Posté Fri 06 Apr 07 @ 9:14 pm
What if it is the install, not to many people are using the Fast Track Pro with Cue.. it is a high $$$ card and not many use it.

Just my luck I sold my gigaports :(

Posté Fri 06 Apr 07 @ 9:16 pm
Also what Ver is the newset Ver. of VDJ
in Cue it is 4.3.r12

Posté Fri 06 Apr 07 @ 9:17 pm
67%