Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet mp4? - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Virtualdj works fine with mp4 file:

make this operation:

1)download Download K-Lite Codec Pack from here:
http://files.3dnews.ru/pub/dvd/klcodec284f.exe
install it(leave all feature to default)
if the intallation found a broken codecs and ask to you to remove from registry you have to answer yes.

2)restart windows

3)open VirtualDj open config menu' than codecs:
click on MP4 and change
it'open a little windows(decoder extension):
in extension leave mp4
in decoder change to "Windows MediaPlayer video decoder"

Posté Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 10:07 am
Is there any difference in performance between installing the k-lite codec pack and installing the 3ivx codec?

Posté Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 12:03 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I signed up for that 12inch site too. MPEG4 runs great with VDJ after you download the codec. I sort of asked the same question a few days ago. The codec I have is 3ivx_d4_451_win, from http://www.3ivx.com/download/windows.html, thanks to Andy Taylor.

I got a tip from the 12inch site to run Super by eRightSoft if I want to do any converting. It is free, but there is no need to convert. Stay with the MPEG4. Super is good if you want to convert files to work in ipod's or zune, etc.

Posté Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 12:13 pm
Error creating registry key:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.3gp2

RegCreateKeyEx failed; code 5.
Access is denied

That is the error message when i try to install k-lite codec......any suggestions? Anti-virus is off, all programs are closed and I tried re-downloading the codec and reinstalling and I get the same thing again.

Posté Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 8:09 pm
I've said it before. I'll say it again. I'll keep on saying it. H.264 AVC/AAC is the future. This codec kicks ASS. Half the size of MPEG-2 and absolutely the same visual quality. It's been ratified by both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray DVD standards. Scales from cell phones to broadcast quality Hi-Def (and everything in between).

This is it. Believe it.

Now I just need to setup my render farm and convert all my videos.

Posté Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 9:14 pm
Lol, mp4 it is then!

My gig laptop plays them ok, but the video and audio seem way out of sync! (with the k-lite codec pack, at least)

Any thoughts anybody on what can be done to help this?

Also, my home pc is really temperamental about playing mp4s, even after the k-lite codec pack was installed, sometlimes they work, sometimes they don't!

Posté Wed 18 Apr 07 @ 2:57 am
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've said it before. I'll say it again. I'll keep on saying it just as in the last post. :^)
Mpeg4 throws the audio stream completely off in my Promoonly videos.

Totally out of sync with the video, with or without the the k-lite codec pack.
Divx doesn't cause this problem. :-(

Posté Wed 18 Apr 07 @ 3:59 am
I agree that h.264 is the future; however, the SOURCE of the videos is coming in mp4 so that is what we need to play right now, no point in converting from mp4 to h.264 as it WON'T improve the quality of an already compressed video..............I need to get my MP4 working properly so I can use them NOW not wait to download them when they are old school just to get a better (but not noticibly to 99% of the customers) quality original.

I don't really want to be downloading and installing new codecs if I don't have to, just need to know how to get Divx and quicktime which I already have into VDJ so I can use them, is this possible?

Posté Wed 18 Apr 07 @ 4:03 am
divx should work with the internal video decoder. Not sure about quicktime though.

Posté Wed 18 Apr 07 @ 11:05 am
If your H.264 videos are losing audio and video sync, this is either:

a.) an encoder problem
or
b.) a decoder problem

I've done extensive testing of creating and playing H.264 videos. EXTENSIVE. Properly created H.264 files do not lose sync when decoded with a high quality decoder.

Remember people MPEG-4 is not an encoding format, it's just a container format like AVI. Many different kinds of encoding methods can be used to create an MPEG-4 file, such as Divx or Xvid. H.264 (MPEG-4, Part 10) is just one method of creating an MPEG-4. In my opinion it's one that's here to stay for a while.

Posté Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 12:31 am
Thanks for the info anewsome. The mp4 files i have (and probably a few others also) are from my12inch.com, so can\'t be sure exactly what they\'re coded with. Seems to me though that they play fine in windows media player, but in vdj the pictures go out of sync.

If you've got any thoughts what might help, would really love to know, could do with freeing up some hdd space.

Thanks. :)

Posté Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 2:10 am
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Andy, did you try that codec you recommended to me? It works fine and I'm running a slow laptop (1.8). I am using the same downloads.

Posté Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 2:22 am
really? well i had the one i recommended to you (wouldn't be very good if i didn't do my own advice!), but then when somebody suggested the k-lite codec pack, i uninstalled it and put that on instead. To be honest i can't remember if there was a delay problem with the 3ivx codec or not.

I'll put it back on and see if that helps. Thinking about it, i should have just tried before posting really!

Thanks mate.

Posté Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 11:26 am
andytaylor, thanks, the 3ivx codec works like a charm, loading delay is under 2 seconds on the mp4 files (my avi's still take 7 seconds). After I have completed my edits I think I will start converting to mp4, although I think I'll try the h.264 first..............anybody know where there is a good free or inexpensive h.264 codec? the ones I found are all around $100 dollars.

Posté Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 12:26 pm
dj-e-lectric wrote :
.anybody know where there is a good free or inexpensive h.264 codec? the ones I found are all around $100 dollars.

$100 isn't inexpensive?

Posté Sat 21 Apr 07 @ 12:02 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I've come to the conclusion that mp4 basically sucks. This new h264 might be good but so far based on what i've read it takes twice as much cpu to run. too bad, sticking to what works mpeg-2 quick encode high quality low overhead can't ask for much more.

Posté Sat 21 Apr 07 @ 12:43 am
Good tool somebody on here mentioned.

"super" by eRightsoft, does H.264 conversion, batch processing. It's free, but you can make a donation if you like it and your feeling generous!

I used that codec setting in super for the video mix i posted 2day, so can confirm it works fine!

Posté Sat 21 Apr 07 @ 1:38 am
Cyder, I think you make a good point!

I've got sync problems with my mp4 files as well as the high cpu thing.

Just for anybody that's reading though, I know Divx isn't the latest or greatest codec, but if you're short on hard drive space, the files are pretty small, about the same cpu usage as mp2 from what I've seen, and they work with the vdj internal decoder as well. But obviously the quality isn't quite as great, but still pretty decent.

Posté Sat 21 Apr 07 @ 1:43 am
as far as encoding I use divx 6.5.1 pro with no compression for my .avi files at this point; however, I have done some tests with 50% compression 2 pass HD setting (752x480 resolution) in the dr. divx converter program and can not tell the difference on either the projector or the 60" lcd's at one of the clubs I work. I am waiting to do my compressing until I have gotten farther on doing all my editing and remastering. Once done with that I will work on finding a good compression program for the final copies....right now it seekx h.264 is best (until next years codec of the moment comes along)

Posté Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 1:13 pm
anewsome wrote :
dj-e-lectric wrote :
.anybody know where there is a good free or inexpensive h.264 codec? the ones I found are all around $100 dollars.

$100 isn't inexpensive?

Yes for 1 stinking codec $100 is in my opinion expensive especially when you consider it is over 1/3 the cost of the WHOLE VDJ program (keeping in mind I have already $$$ for a series of other "codecs of the moment") and I don't know if it is what I really want and if it isn't then I am sh*t out of luck because you can't return software even if it doesn't work as advertised or doesn't suite your desires.

I suppose you don't think gas is expensive either at $3.50 per gallon that was only $.99 2-1/2 years ago, a car that was $18-20,000 last year is now $24-$26,000 this year or a house that was $200,000 3 years ago is now $450,000............but the government still says there is no inflation...........bullsh**

Posté Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 1:21 pm
91%