Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet SAME MAYA 44 USB SOUNDCARD SINCE 2004..NEED HELP

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello all, ive owned the same soundcard since 2004 and i dont see any driver updates for it anywhere. its a maya 44 usb. It has been giving me alot of problems. I cannot get a 100% timecoded from any turntable even though sounds still play quality sucks tho. And i also can only deejay on MKII turntables and not MD3. Does anyone here use the Maya 44usb still or do you recommend that i upgrade to something of better quality...something that will be stable enough for deejay at a club using a club mixer. I need to buy one ASAP. thank u

Posté Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 10:46 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maya44USB is still the best. Not sure why you are having the sound quality issues. If you are getting 100% signal with TC then INPUT is obviously fine so I don't think it's a driver issue. However, the output circuitry may be getting worn and starting to sound bad. The other thing would be to defrag your system and even possibly a complete refresh of the system (format reload). If you deside to go down that route, don't forget to make back ups of your XML database.

ESI/AudioTrak has re-released the MAYA44USB card, not sure how many people have them in stock (if any) but I still think it's the best.

Posté Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 12:09 am
I think you read wrong... I AM NOT gettin a 100 % time signal. i get a zero timecode signal but i still have a signal because i can hear the music and still scratch etc.

Posté Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 1:43 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hakeem2k3 wrote :
I think you read wrong... I AM NOT gettin a 100 % time signal. i get a zero timecode signal but i still have a signal because i can hear the music and still scratch etc.

Yep, I miss read sorry. But, I would go after the new MAYA44USB released. The next best thing I have seen is M-Audio's Conectiv box. Now the draw back on that one is that I think you only can get it as part of the Torq software package.

Posté Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 3:50 am
whats the difference between the new one? also, how is it titled, ie: "Maya 44 mk2"??

Posté Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 6:56 am
what is the name of the new one? Please post a link. Has anyone ever had a 0% timecode signal and still heard audio etc? Could this be a memory issue? I can only run relative and smart modes, when i try the needle drop feature (absolute)..it doesnt work. im assumin its because my signal is 0%.

Posté Tue 01 May 07 @ 5:35 am

Posté Tue 01 May 07 @ 5:43 am
aya 44 is a good, versatile, decent sounding card, but once you run an maudio, or a waveterminal, or an echo indigo card, you'll see that it's still an entry level pro card....it's way better than anything creative labs puts out, but a nice high end card will put the maya to shame...... same for the good old gigaport...

I run both the maya and a Virtual Vinyl box on my main gig machine, and the virtual vinyl box has far less latency, and has a much hotter output... fatter bass, crispier highs, just a more solid sound overall...

but I too still love the maya... you'd probably have no complaints if you don't ever a/b them.

Posté Tue 01 May 07 @ 9:55 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)