Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet About the BDC2000

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I know a lot of people have been posted about this controler, but I'm about to buy one and I wanted to know from the ones that have this controler, what are your coments about it.

1. Does it work flawless with VDJ ?
2. Can you Program all the buttons so you can control VDJ functions ?
3. Does the ASIO drivers that come with it are good enough ?

Basically, I need to know if I buy the controler or not.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Posté Thu 24 May 07 @ 5:39 pm
I do not own this card, but have heard enough heartache on this forum, to tell you to look for something else. I am sure that some like this controller, but all I remember hearing is the sound of constant crying about this card. There is a newer version of this controller anyway, so maybe you should be looking at that. Please, do your homework, and search these forums for more info. Also, maybe some of the people that were having problems, will step up and help you.

Posté Thu 24 May 07 @ 7:55 pm
well said man and his music....

I don't know if the new revision is any better, but the older one, though it's cool as hell... just doesn't work properly.

Posté Thu 24 May 07 @ 9:01 pm
ChippiePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Seems to work with the software 1.1.1.0 but everytime you want to hit the play button there is a certain delay. If you hit it twice or three times before it reacts. The potiometers are giving a click on certain positions. I can't find the split for the headphone when I'm listening I get palyer A an B. I can't use the headphone to listen to player B when A is playing and vice cersa. If anybody knows how to deal with this problem. Let me know.

Posté Sun 08 Jul 07 @ 9:22 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I own one, if it is used only as a midi and with the mapper found in VDJ's download section it works. Do not even attempt to use the soundcard option. If you wanted to use it with a soundcard, you should have not problems, after gettig the settings right. Quintana' blogs are very helpful in getting these right. Good luck..T

Posté Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 12:43 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I own one and love it!
The DJ console works better with VDJ but I like the BDC Much better.
It's larger, has better knobs and Faders & it's less expensive than all the others.
The sound card sounds is not great but it is good enough (Most people woulden't know the difference). Just make sure you download the newest drivers they have before installing anything. And also You MUST ALWAYS Plug the USB cable into the same port you installed it on EVERY Time, or it will not work. Also make sure you get the BDC plug-in from VDJ.
Don't worry about the Midi Mapping as long as you have the plug-in and newest drivers everything should work fine.

Posté Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 9:37 am
@Musicguate

I thought you had the Numark Total Control?

Are you not happy with it?

Posté Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 10:20 am

I own one. I totally agree with KergCZ. Works fine with last driver and VDJ Mapper.

Now, I suppose you buy an used one as BCD2000 is discontinued and replaced by the BCD3000 (which is not supported by VDJ as of today).

Posté Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 4:18 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I must share something with you. I have Behringer HPX2000 headphones for 2 years and they work like new. They were only 25 euros. Now, maybe just luck or they built it good but Behringer is known for bad and poor quallity but it is ok for the price.
I suggest Hercules MK2 as I own one and it is working very good. I plan later to take Numark Total Control as it seems to be better than Hercules, or will wait for MK3 or whatever new from Hercules. But, Ill never take Behringer ;)

Posté Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 6:15 pm
You are right ALF mk2 is more stable and work better than bcd2000, its internal soundcard has many conflicts with many motherboard's chipset don't know about bcd3000, in addition with mk2 you can connect your cd players and use tccds with excellent quality for scraching :)

Posté Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 7:30 pm
Hello, how can we use the microphone of BCD2000 with virtualdj in asio mode ? it seems a midi message can be send to the bcd2000 to activate the microphone input, i try sometings with a midi virtualpiano but nothing works.

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 4:03 pm
djrenaud wrote :
Hello, how can we use the microphone of BCD2000 with virtualdj in asio mode ?
../..

No definitlly. Berhinger BCD2K ASIO driver has too much bugs to hope having it working in this mode. Many people expected to have it fixed with the last Berhinger BCD3K, I don't know if it's the case actually.

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 4:52 pm
MUSIKGUATE wrote :
I know a lot of people have been posted about this controler, but I'm about to buy one and I wanted to know from the ones that have this controler, what are your coments about it.

1. Does it work flawless with VDJ ?
2. Can you Program all the buttons so you can control VDJ functions ?
3. Does the ASIO drivers that come with it are good enough ?

Basically, I need to know if I buy the controler or not.

Thanks a lot for your help.

I love my BCD 2000 .... but its a pain in the ass .. nothing is easy / plug n play with it.

If your not tech savvy with patience .. get the Hercules.

manquin_dj wrote :
with mk2 you can connect your cd players and use tccds with excellent quality for scraching :)

you can do that with the BCD 2000 as well ... it took me two weeks to figure out how though :/

djrenaud wrote :
Hello, how can we use the microphone of BCD2000 with virtualdj in asio mode ? it seems a midi message can be send to the bcd2000 to activate the microphone input, i try sometings with a midi virtualpiano but nothing works.

you by the smallest mixer you can .. output from your BCD 2000 to the tiny mixer ... plug your mic into that mixer.

Quote :

Seems to work with the software 1.1.1.0 but everytime you want to hit the play button there is a certain delay. If you hit it twice or three times before it reacts. The potiometers are giving a click on certain positions. I can't find the split for the headphone when I'm listening I get palyer A an B. I can't use the headphone to listen to player B when A is playing and vice cersa. If anybody knows how to deal with this problem. Let me know.

in the BCD driver .. select the basic mode (I think its bdj) not advanced ... advanced will give lag.

Look at DJ quinteras (spelling ?) log on setting it up .. thats the best basic setup.

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:10 pm
Never tried the behringer, but I have to give yet another vote for the hercules mk2. It works excellent with the wdm drivers and pretty good with asio drivers. For an all in one unit it can't be beat for the price, though I would also recommend using it in junction with an external mixer;^]

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:14 pm
Chippie wrote :

You have to make sure that th driver is set to B-DJ mode. I had a problem with the buttons working that way until I changed the driver setting.

KregCZ wrote :
IAnd also You MUST ALWAYS Plug the USB cable into the same port you installed it on EVERY Time, or it will not work. Also make sure you get the BDC plug-in from VDJ.

I never had a problem with the BCD2000 if it was in another USB slot.

What plug in? Version 5 has the function built right in right?

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 1:39 am
what controller works with vista,i have a sound blaster external card also,tried external mixer but no luck.also have bcd2000.doesnt work and no driver update in site anyone wants to buy it L.O.L
have hercules 1 doesnt work with vista either.

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 2:43 am
Just select the driver and rick click with the mouse , in properties accept the driver to run under windows vista.

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 7:10 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)