Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Numark Total Control "Hates" DJConsole Mk2 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hi

Trying to use the NTC with VDJ and the Mk2 as a sound card (only), but....

... they hate each other !!

Despite me keep un-ticking the Mk2 as a controller in the 'Remote Control' tab, it keeps nominating itself back as one when i go back and check.

Basically VDJ just freezes when i have both plugged in and will only work again when i remove the NTC. Infact i can't even close VDJ or End Task on VDJ until i unplug the the NTC.

The MK2 drivers are bang up to date and i have the most recent version of VDJ.

The NTC works fine with VDJ by itself, as does the MK2, but they just don't like each other.

** Using a power supply for NTC, so is not a USB power problem **

Please help me get them to like eachother, i want them to be friends !

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 1:48 pm
Problem solved (....well, kind of)

Had to set the sound card as a 4.1 sound card (rather than as the DJ Console Mk2 as i was previously) and then select primary device. Still using the Mk2, but telling the VDJ its a standard 4.1 rather than the Mk2 specifically.
Can monitor decks, listen to the mix or split via the headphone socket on the Mk2.

Mk2 no longer keeps setting itself as a controller now either.

VDJ still won't close until i disconnect the NTC though !
But at least it's usable now.

They don't "hate" each other, but neither do they love each other... maybe over time.

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 2:07 pm
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
You can try to uninstall or disable the midi drivers for the MK2

Thanks,

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 2:25 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
digimixer wrote :
They don't "hate" each other, but neither do they love each other... maybe over time.

LOL, thats funny!!
Check if you don't have Traktor or some other DJ program, they don't like VDJ :)))))
Glad you sort it out, try to reinstall Total Control drivers, maybe it messed up the first time.

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 2:26 pm
uhhh,......hate to contradict Alf , but i use Traktor as my main prog still , plus use VDJ at the same time mostly now for visualizations plus scrolling text plus videos.......i go back and forth between the 2

i can play Traktor,let VDJ do the visualizations , and/or scrolling text, plus download, plus rip

i often have all the above going at once, see Alwil's systray icon start spinning in the tray (that's my antivirus)(indicating it's scanning something) ..... and not even the slightest stutter

any well configured system should be capable of some decent multi tasking

as always.... i recommend don't repeat my mistakes........ DON'T get a laptop , do get a dedicated system.........in the time you waste fartin' around fixing the rinky dink problems you are gonna have from a store bought generic system, you could have assembled your own heavy duty, purpose built ,custom system that costs the same or not much more , works excellent , and has some cool factor, at a minimum due to it's uniqueness ........

And some of them are very small for those of us w/ tight spaces......that's why they call 'em small form factor ........

oops( pre first coffee rant ) # 8 to the power 7 ....

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 3:31 pm
Total Control doesn't have drivers, it's plug & play !!

Don't have any other software installed, is definitely the MK2 & NTC conflicting somehow. When VDJ was freezing, if i disconnected one of them, it unfreezed.

Don't really wann a have to uninstall the Mk2 midi drivers, may want to use it as a controller sometimes.
But i may try that if it proves to be unstable how it is.

Anyhows, all seems fine now, except when i try to close VDJ

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 3:38 pm
it HAS drivers and it's plug 'n play ........

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 3:41 pm
Well it doesn't have or need bundled drivers, you can literally just plug it in, windows recognises it as a USB audio device and you can start using with VDJ without installing anything. Much like you can a USB mouse.

See link below for remarks on the driver free midi controller.

http://remixmag.com/gear/news/numark-total-control-050907/

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 4:01 pm
I was joking chucknorrisyouwimps, look at the smiles above.... ;)

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 4:10 pm
If anyone tries the NTC and Mk2 (as a sound card only) together, i'd certainly be interested in hearing what their experiences are.

They will love each other one day i'm sure, maybe if i just keep playing Barry White?.....

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 4:22 pm

hum.. why does NTC install itself as USB Audio device ? thats pretty damn weird. Its not an audio device.

And for sure, having TWO usb audio devices connected at the same time, can lead to conflict/wrong driver being used, by Windows.

The BEST way for that to work, is to install all drivers (herc AND Ntc), then plug them in, into TWO DIFFERENT usb ports, that will reinstall the drivers. And then NEVER swap the two ;)

That should work

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 7:06 pm
The MK2 is a slut. The NTC is only using the MK2 for sex. It will never be love.

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 7:46 pm
lol

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 7:50 pm
LOL, right!

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 2:49 pm
tell me somethin good .....wah wah

.................tell me ,tell me , tell me ........

tell me that ya love me, yeahhhhhhhhh .........

rufus and chaka khan i think ....... but we could call it the herc mating song ........

actually of course i never heard it but my big brother likes it .....

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 2:56 pm
I walked into my room yesterday and found the NTC with its master knob in the Mk2's headphone socket whilst cupping the Mk2's wheels. It was love making at its rawest, loads of scratching, sliding up'n'down, tweaking of love buttons, all to a dirty rythmn bass line.

Maybe the Mk2 now has a bun in the oven and i'll end up with a new breed of NTC with a built in sound card and protective cover, all my problems maybe solved.. wahoo !

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 3:08 pm
Below is a video of a Numark member of staff introducing the Numark Total Control (as well as the DMC-2 and Dj i/o)
They breifly touch upon how they don't need any drivers.

In summary the NTC is detected as an HID (Human Interface Device) which Windows natively supports, no drivers needed !

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 3:30 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
A Man and His Music wrote :
The MK2 is a slut. The NTC is only using the MK2 for sex. It will never be love.

Chuck is right if it had been love Barry White would have been playing and not Tell Me Something Good. Everyone know Barry is for lovers......

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 11:19 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
A Man and His Music wrote :

Chuck is right if it had been love Barry White would have been playing and not Tell Me Something Good. Everyone know Barry is for lovers......

Yeah, but sometimes you want them to think it's love, so you play Barry anyway. You have to do what you have to do, to get it done. You know what I'm talking bout.

Posté Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 9:37 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
LOL AMAHM...But I do not endorse lying to get in girls pants...I understand it........OK,OK who am I kidding lie your butts off my DJ brothers......but only to get laid....lol

Posté Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 9:55 pm
65%