Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet SONY EVI-D70 via Ken-A-Vision VFUSBAD2 - Still Nothing

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Here we are, three different USB s-video/composite adapters, out $300+, installed .dll's from Tom, Dick, and Pete, reinstalled DirectX 7 through 10, and loaded device drivers from every corner of the internet, and still cannot get my $900.00 SONY EVI-D70 camera to be recognized in VDJ 4.3.

My latest capture device is a Ken-A-Vision VFUSBAD2 which is a USB 2.0 device with hi-res capabilities. Previously, ADS Tech Xpress and ADS Tech DVD2 devices were tried, also to no success.

Loaded the software. Loaded the capture program. Works Great. Loaded VDJ. VDJ recognizes and shows both the Logitec Pro 5000 and the Ken-A-Vision devices.

I go to Remote Control tab, select WebCam. It goes green.

Go to video effects, select Camera, select device (both are listed), select Logitech, activate...there is the picture.

Next, select Camera, select device, select Ken-A-Vision, activate, nothing...zero..zip...nada.

Tried Pete's Live Feed. Get two error messages. Still nothing.

Tried Pete's Live Feed 2. Get two error messages. Still nothing.

I have SKYPE. Skype reconizes both cameras as web cams and has no problems allowing me to use either therefore it fairly well dismisses any of my possible personal computer issues. The fickled finger fate is pointing directly at VDJ incompatibility.

I would greatly appreciate some expert assistance in getting this SONY EVI-D70 camera device to work with VDJ. If it is not possible, can someone recommend a small video switcher that accepts everything input from composite to S-video to HDMI devices and outputs in HDMI?

Thank you in advance.

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 6:06 pm
Hello Cap

I know nothing about what your asking but I just wanted to say hey since you help me make a decision on the BOSE speakersa year and half ago.

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 6:44 pm
Bump

(Glad the system is going well for you. High-five!)

Posté Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 1:18 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Cap,
Enabling the webcam in the remote control tab is for scratching not for viewing.

You need to activate the capture device software to activate the camera in windows, then exit that software completely. (windows will still see the device and camera feed)
If the software is still active, vdj will not be able to access it as it is busy with the other software.

You should not be selecting anything but the plug in device, no Ken-A-Vision, no Logitech no Tom or Dick or Harry.

Blow by blow from the top now.

1) Boot system with capture device and camera connected.
2) Open capture device software and activate so you get a view window on screen.
3) CLOSE CAPTURE DEVICE PROGRAM
4) Then open VDJ
5) Select plug in and activate.

Hope this gets it for you.
Rick

Posté Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 3:04 pm
Rick : Select what plugin and where?

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 2:46 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)