Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet A Good Microphone - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So before leaving for a gig last week I noticed, grr I am not going to a club
with has there own mixerboard/mic and I dug deep in my junk box and found an old
radioshack microphone that still works (Big Mistake)

Well the mic works but I sounded like mister tin man and with feedback from hell.
I usually use a house mic which is wireless and expensive.

Before going out shopping I wanted to know what
you guys here have had good luck with, a Good mic that's not going to break my pocket.

Thanks,
DJ SMG

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 10:29 pm
Shure SM 58, but I use the Shure Beta 58. Both are great, but the Beta takes it to the next level.

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 10:50 pm
haz0rd wrote :
So before leaving for a gig last week I noticed, grr I am not going to a club
with has there own mixerboard/mic and I dug deep in my junk box and found an old
radioshack microphone that still works (Big Mistake)

Well the mic works but I sounded like mister tin man and with feedback from hell.
I usually use a house mic which is wireless and expensive.

Before going out shopping I wanted to know what
you guys here have had good luck with, a Good mic that's not going to break my pocket.

Thanks,
DJ SMG

May not be the mic

You need to adjust the mic setting on the board correctly.. I had the same problems when I first started DJing... First thing you need to do is project you voice into the mic... The softer you talk the higher you end up making the pickup that make the system feedback..
I go through this with people that sing as load as a church mouse when doing karaoke.. Projection is the key..

Setup;;; What type of setting does the mix give you.. volume, gain, high, mid, low,??

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 11:35 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well they say Shure is pure, but personally my £10 (around $20) Numark Mic hits the spot perfectly.

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 11:45 pm
Bagpuss wrote :
Well they say Shure is pure, but personally my £10 (around $20) Numark Mic hits the spot perfectly.

That's what I'm saying.. It not the mic.. it's the user or settings..

Posté Wed 30 May 07 @ 11:50 pm
paulettecerra wrote :
Bagpuss wrote :

I use the sure 58 which sounds great for me but i have difficultie with people who do not project their voice. I have a hardwired mic for backup. Others sound sound good but it doesn't do anything for my voice. ROCK> me < hard place... I usually end up hissing the speaker / or walking that fence with mic feedback because the other person does not project.

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 12:07 am
fatkatzdj wrote :
paulettecerra wrote :
Bagpuss wrote :

I use the sure 58 which sounds great for me but i have difficultie with people who do not project their voice. I have a hardwired mic for backup. Others sound sound good but it doesn't do anything for my voice. ROCK> me < hard place... I usually end up hissing the speaker / or walking that fence with mic feedback because the other person does not project.

You can run your mic through one of the other line inputes...

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 12:12 am
Enough of the Quotes please, else i'm gonna start charging..

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 12:16 am
Bagpuss wrote :
Enough of the Quotes please, else i'm gonna start charging..

I didn’t really notice but It does look a little funny it…. ..

I think I'll call it " Multi Quoting “

And on the day it was so written..

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 12:22 am
paulettecerra wrote :
Bagpuss wrote :

Not true. I know how to speak into a mic, and can tell you that my Beta 58 needs less attenuation, and has more low end, less feedback then your average cheap mic. I have never used a Numark, so can't comment on it. The Shure look-a-like from Radioshack, that we have in the booth, sounds like shit. Some times I have to make an announcement, after I have packed my mic, and I have to use twice the attenuation, and drop my voice three octaves and it still sounds like someone is squeezing my testicles. If the $20.00 Numark works for you, that's fine with me.

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 12:40 am
I've been quoted twice since I said "stop it" hehe, kidding.

The Shure is more than likely the best, but I don't fancy paying to find out the difference. If it can make me sound great, greater than a standard mic, then it might be worth considering because using the Mic is one thing I don't like.

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 12:47 am
get yourself a sure sm58 or beta 58. also any senheiser are good mics.

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 1:54 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Bagpuss wrote :
I've been quoted twice since I said "stop it" hehe, kidding.

The Shure is more than likely the best, but I don't fancy paying to find out the difference. If it can make me sound great, greater than a standard mic, then it might be worth considering because using the Mic is one thing I don't like.

Sure, the Shure are great mics. Are you looking for cordless??? Shure makes a wide range of cordless mics... all using the above mentioned elements. I love the SM 58 (always around 100USD), but it is the most widely used microphone in history so whats not to love?? I also use an "Elvis Mic" from Shure.. it sounds great too.

For my home studio I use a Blue Snowball, it has nice tonal qualities and is USB... so there is no problem running it thru CUE/VDJ.......also around 100 USD.

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 3:26 am
I have a Azden wireless transmitter that converts the Beta 58 to wireless. This allows me to have a great mic that goes both ways. Just slide it in. It works on the same receiver as my headset. You can only use one or the other, but that just takes a flick of a switch. I also have a cheap set of 2 wireless mics, that I can't even remember the name, I think it's "something 2000". I got it from Colorado light and sound. I let clients use them, but they sound good, and I won't have a fit if they drop them.

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 7:16 am

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 11:07 am
terry how do ya use the blue snowball w/ virtual ???

sheeeeeeeeeeeesh ... blue snowball , icdx's, best friends of Fred Guitar Center ...........

what next ?? he'll probably be Oprah's Dj..............

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 3:02 pm
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am adjust Bass Trebble, and Gain/Volume.... that's about it.

I am kinda soft spoken, but I ususaly use a shure wireless mic and it sounds great

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 9:51 pm
ok got an idea here, would any of the more experienced DJ's amongst us be interested in creating a Microphone tutorial Video? on the do's and don'ts with Mics and a guide on using the mic for "Mic shy" beginners. All other DJ videos seem fixated on mixing and scratching and overlook this important aspect of DJ'ing

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 10:05 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I have that luck to have excellent voice, was working at radio as Speakerman for a while and must say if you don't have good voice no mic will make you sound as Michael Buffer :)) Also, I have very LOUD voice which means it is high in dB, also important in a loud club/disco while I work. I don't like to talk much when I play, I let the music speaks for me ;)
In short, you should have some pre-amp for your mic like external mixer with Bass, Medium and High EQ and you can make wonders setting up your voice.

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 10:15 pm
I wish I had that Luxury (to not use the Mic) but in 90% of the venues in my town, being active on the Mic is compulsory. I'm told I have a good voice (very deep) but I don't have that cheesy Radio voice that ever other DJ seems to have, I consider the voice as a tool, it's just a case of fine tunning it for the sound you want.

Posté Thu 31 May 07 @ 10:24 pm
54%