Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet How do you label your music video files?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

How do you label your music video files?

I finally finished ripping and separating 500 gigs worth of music videos. (took quite some time) Now that I have each vid separated im in the process of labeling. Anyone have a tip for labeling? Any programs similar to iTunes that can organize and label music videos? I use a Macbook Pro but have a partition for Windows XP, so I can use either OS.

Also, anyone find a good way to analyze and label the bpm in music vids? Ex. I use Beatunes (for MAC) to analyze all my bpms in iTunes. I know VDJ (VV) has a bpm counter inside but its not very accurate.

What I have done to a few files is labeling the actual file. ARTIST - TITLE. It would take forever to do every file like this, so I hope there is another way.

Thanks in advance,
Charlie Five :: Visualize Chicago
Click here to visit the Visualize Chicago website
Click here to visit my MySpace Page

Posté Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 12:45 am
Well I did it just the way you said Artist-Title. Yes it takes awhile, but once the major library is complete it is nothin to do it while you add new ones. I would suggest startin with the ones you know you are gonna use and just name them as you need them if you don't wanna sit infront of the computer for hours. ME I just did a little at a time after the ones I needed were done.

Posté Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 9:06 am
Yeh, just the good old fashioned way for me too, although I've put each compilation in its own folder.

So I've got two "Dance Classics" dvds, each in a different folder so if I search for "dance classics", the contents of the two discs comes up.

Fraid there's no easy naming program that I know of (although ages ago i heard that somebody had made a perl script to get info from the promo only website and rename files accordingly, no idea who, how or where though, sorry!)

Posté Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 12:57 pm
Hello all,

Yes i do it old fashiond way! So... I'm presently with Primo Only Canada video and i don't have enough video. Can you tell me if it's possible to find a place where i can buy music video. I can't use Promo Only USA and other country because i'm from Canada. It's terrible because look at Promo Only USA, lot of choice and you can have all best video.

Enjoy today.

HappyGusto

Posté Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 5:03 pm
I'm going to be ripping videos for the first time this weakend... What size size is VOB files ( standard size ). Reading the forums I understand this is probably the best format but it's a bit large. I'm just trying to get an understanding if I need to get a larger hard drive.

Posté Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 5:17 pm
fatkatzdj wrote :
I'm going to be ripping videos for the first time this weakend... What size size is VOB files ( standard size ). Reading the forums I understand this is probably the best format but it's a bit large. I'm just trying to get an understanding if I need to get a larger hard drive.

Yes, you need a bigger hard drive. I don't care what you have, you will always need more. I have two 500g externals now. One has 1938, and the other has 444, all .vob's. This is a good format for me, and whatever it takes, I will do. The 500g drives are cheap now, then I will go to the Terabyte drives.

Posté Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 9:02 pm
justus6000 wrote :
Hello all,

Yes i do it old fashiond way! So... I'm presently with Primo Only Canada video and i don't have enough video. Can you tell me if it's possible to find a place where i can buy music video. I can't use Promo Only USA and other country because i'm from Canada. It's terrible because look at Promo Only USA, lot of choice and you can have all best video.

Enjoy today.

HappyGusto

Yeah I can give you info on places where I got vids from. I don't want to get off topic on this thread though. PM or or hit me on Myspace.

Posté Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 12:16 am
Man...No easy way to label these guys?

Anyone else....

Posté Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 12:25 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)