Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet DMC 2 Mixed impressions

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Okay I went out and bought one of the first ones sold in my city. I kinda got mixed feelings about it.

The pitch control is amazing.

The buttons feel nice.

I love the one touch video mix buttons.

I'm not too impressed with the jog dial functionality, and the itty bitty dial for searching and loading might take some getting used to.

Kinda 50/50 on the new unit - but I might just be too attached to my dino-DJ DAC2

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 7:56 am
You couldn't resist either then!

I don't mind the little rotary dial, probably wont use it for browsing though, much easier just to type in the song you want. I just wish there was two or three of 'em! Then could have one for FX, one for Samples and one for browsing.

Think it'll take a bit of getting used to, but I recon will be better in the end.

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 12:35 pm
Pat_DJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello DJ Marcel_1,

Would you mind telling where did you get it from and was it close to US price?

Regards,
Pat

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 1:42 pm
I think I got this thing figured out. I'm using the default mapping. I tryed the mapper but found it to be to "busy" for fast mixing.

The unit is Quite superior to my DAC 2.

I don't think it's head and shoulders above it but since it's native to VDJ it makes it better. Time will tell if it's just as reliable.

I like it now no more 50/50 - I do like it. more so for the video transitions than asything else.

and excellent functionality.

Posté Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 10:47 pm
Glad your liking it.

Have you had a chance to look at the customisable settings on the boggis mapper? Doesn't say too much in the txt file and havn't had a chance to play yet. I know what you mean about it being quite busy. If you want to get to the fx, sometimes you have to press quite a few times to find the FX mode, or sample mode, etc.

Got my first gig with mine tomorrow night. Hopefully will be good!

Posté Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 12:01 am
I found the boggis mapper to be quite complex and actually difficult to figure out.

I know it's possible to change settings to what I was looking for but to read and figure it out, I don't have time.

The default settings are quite extensive, and I'm becoming more familiar with them.

Time is the determining factor here. Time to play with the device, and get used to it.

Posté Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 12:31 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)