Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Internal Database Corrupted... again - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Well yesterday i opened Virtual DJ, and it said "internal database corrupted". I clicked OK, it reset my screen resolution to 800x600, it said "WARNING: you are trying to use a skin with a higher resolution then your current screen size" and it opened in 800x600.

OK so alt+f4 & i had to go. So today i started to repair it all and putting in the Cue points again and such. (Yeah i know, i should have had a backup... Most programs that rely on a database so much backup it automatically tho.)
I closed Virtual DJ, opened it an hour later.... Database corrupted, resetting screen resolution, WARNING... OK so everything gone again.

I removed Virtual DJ completely, installed it again. Started putting back all my cue points, analysing the most used songs. (Would have let the rest analyse overnight). And i closed it.

I came back just now... Database corrupted, but no screen resolution reset & stuff. One could call it progress, but now i have to analyse everything AGAIN and put it in my Virtual folders AGAIN and put cue points AGAIN... I'm getting tired of doing that over & over...

So.. Any ideas on what might be causing it?

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 5:30 pm
this is important stuff and i hope they're getting it ..........i have registered some suggestions about this

the music mgmt and database stuff is an important part of what distinguishes computer djing .....otherwise we can just go back to cd's

i think they need to incorporate some major important changes in the default version ......

there are skin wizards and plug in experts writing great stuff that is better than the company issued , and that glosses over bad holes in the design ......

there's something wrong with that picture ..........

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 6:10 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 6:32 pm
That gave me some kind of error.

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 6:36 pm
Everytime i do it again the database is corrupted the next time, can anyone help me out with this? It's quite important as i have an important demo session this weekend to convince my boss to start using Virtual DJ in the company.

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 8:55 pm

VISTA?

Run VDJ as admin

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 9:21 pm
No :P I dislike vista

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 9:25 pm

okey, one "problem" out of the way:)

Are you analyzing a batch of files (such as a huge directory or many folders), and VDJ crash somewhere when analyzing ?

Best bet, is that you have a corrupted Mp3 file, that makes VDJ crash, and by crashing the database currently being made is not saved right .

Easy fix: write this missing tag at the very end of the XML database :
</VirtualDJ_Database>

Better to do:
- Analyze folder by folder, until you find your problem. Dont analyze it all in one go, as it seems to crash on your system (= you get a corrupt database)

Hope that helps

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 9:29 pm
No corrupted mp3's :) Doesn't crash while analysing. I just quit normally, it says "Saving Database" and disappears, like always. If i start the program up again the database is corrupted.

Anyways i use legal mp3s so i don't think i'll get a corrupted mp3 that fast :)

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 9:34 pm

k:) so it saves the database at end.. good stuff.

Now, here comes the question..
VDJ needs some TIME to save the database all the way.

Are you starting up VDJ again, too soon?`
That can in cases, corrupt the database (not finished saving).

Also, do check the XML itself, to see if it has the end tag </virtualdj database> (means that it managed to write the whole database).

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 9:36 pm
I got the database tool to work now, it restored my databas for like... 70%. Some songs i had for years are suddenly "new". I hope this will prevent new database corrupt's. I'm now analysing the songs that i lost.

Anyways i closed it down yesterday and reopened today, so it had about 16 hours to save it's database :)

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 9:40 pm

Also try this "safe mode" trick to save your database:

- When finised analyzing, press the shortcut tab to save the database manually, and dont Quit-to-save database (something corrupts at your PC then).

Make this keyboard shortcut:
CTR+S>> Savedatabase

Do so BEFORE you end VDJ. Wait until the save dialogue is done, and then shut the program down.

Something seems to "crash" VDJ's database write at your system when doing the quit-to-save .
Maybe anti-virus software, maybe XP protected folder settings .. dont know

But making a manual save shortcut, should solve it perfectly :)

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 9:40 pm
Tried that too, several times. Didn't seem to work. :)

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 9:42 pm

hm... if you cant do a full manual save, something really weird is going on at your system, preventing VDJ to save a full database.

Try disable antivirus (wild guess).

Also, is the file (XML) very large ? like over 15-20 mb? with 30-40.000 songs ?
If so, make sure you are using VDJ latest version, as earlier versions had problems with that

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 9:46 pm
Have the latest version, new install since yesterday (in an attempt to solve the problem). My antivirus is AVG which has never really given me any problems.

I have around 1000 songs, my db doesn't go over 1,5 meg.

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 9:53 pm

Getting weirder and weirder.

1000 songs and 1,5 meg database is easy and fast to save.

AVG is a great anti-virus software.

As a comparison, I have over 10 mb database - 30.000 songs, and no issues.

Really not sure why you have this problem.

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 9:59 pm
Well i'm hoping it wont happen again now, as i got the Database tool to work, but still it shouldn't have happened in the first place. :)

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 10:13 pm

true.

VDJ might have to implement some sort of auto backup system or something.

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 10:23 pm
As i said in my first post: A program that relies on it's database so much should have an auto-backup function.

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 10:28 pm

agreed ;)

Posté Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 10:57 pm
87%