Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Video Shortcuts

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Guys - When video mixing and you click on either of the two preview screens (the ones for each deck) it fades the main screen to that video with the transition you have chosen. My question is how do you set a shortcut on the keyboard for that? I've checked in keyboard shortcuts but theres no option for it!

Please someone help me because this is driving me nuts!!
Thanks,
Rory.

Posté Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 5:32 pm
You have to create one... you can create one per deck or global. I use the arrow keys. Just hit ADD, video - video transitions

Posté Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 6:19 pm
If you want to crossfade, add>video>video_crossfade, use the Left key, check value, insert -256, and OK. This will allow you press & (hold) the Left key, and it will crossfade to the left deck. Do the same for the right side, but use +256. You have to hold the key for the full crossfade. The lower the value the slower it will fade. If you let it go, you get a longer transition, which works very well. Or even go back & forth. If you have the Random Video Transition selected, you will also get multiple transitions. By the way, you can use any key you want, to assign the crossfade.

Posté Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 8:38 pm
But is it a smooth transition like when you hit the preview screen or will it be jumpy like automix?? Cause I am lookin into not usin the mouse to crossfade and use my X-session buttons to crossfade.

Posté Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 11:23 pm
As far as I know, you can't make shortcut buttons to do exactly what you want. It's exactly what I wanted to do, but I couldn't find a way. Seems really strange since the default skin will let you do it, but there's no way to get a keyboard shortcut.

I ended up buying a DMC2 (got video crossfade buttons on).

Posté Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 12:00 am
Thanks guys! That sorted me out!

Rory

Posté Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 11:56 pm
this one i think it was skyfxl told me ......it's not strictly video but you'll want to do it .........add / all / savedatabase ........ save the db on the fly without closing the application ......

Posté Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 5:00 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's in fact:

video_trans on deck 1
video_trans on deck 2

Posté Sun 17 Jun 07 @ 11:59 pm
Amazing!

The DMC2 is a great unit, but if I'd known that I could have just put those two shortcuts on my left and right arrow keys I would have held off spending so much money!

I'm sure I've asked about that function before and never found out how to do it, I'm sure alot of mixers who want an easy way to get from one video to another smoothly would find that really useful!

Posté Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 12:48 am
Brilliant! Thanks DJ Cel! That makes life so much easier!

Rory

Posté Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 2:40 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have the same shortcuts set. Only problem is not being able to change the speed of the transition.

Posté Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 4:09 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)