Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Tips to avoid the white noise - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Super-PRO InfinityMember since 2007
djfs wrote :
buyin the new version fixed it for me!

the new version of what??

Posté Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 4:06 pm
accessfm wrote :
Dont know if it helps, but during quiet periods in tracks during a set, i actually plug out the laptop power supply due to it causing a bit of noise on the line out from the laptop.

I used to get that but that's a different type of white noise (i.e. to do with ground loop or earthing or something?).

Posté Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 4:44 pm
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Super- wrote :
djfs wrote :
buyin the new version fixed it for me!

the new version of what??

of vdj, well numark cue. bought it and downloaded the update. no more white noise.

Posté Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 5:57 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I get this problem sometimes too, after an X amount of time each time.

I can even leave VDJ idling, never using it, and it will still make the noise after the X time (usually abouit 4 hours).

Strange, the program will work fine, and you can even see the white noise showing up on VDJs volume bars (spectrum analyser thing). it sits up at about half of full output, bouncing around with the white noise, unable to play any other sound out of VDJ.

Using 1Gb ram with dedicated graphics, on a custom built DESKTOP setup. Seems its not limited to laptops either. DO not know how to fix the problem

Posté Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 6:43 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If you have a look at xylio.com (the website for the BDJ sftware that comes with the BCD2000) you will find that you are not alone in having these problems. I used the BCD2000 in my previous setup with only one real noise problem that came about when de-selecting the line in. If you did this with the gain turned up the output would burst into full volume noise. Re-starting the software (BDJ) was the only way to stop it.
There are also lots of comments on difficult Dells especialy laptops.
The best bit of advise I can see here is to spend some time finding out what works for others and give it a try especialy with regard to the hardware.
Out of interest i lent my BCD2000 to a fellow DJ to try on his laptop. It didnt work well at all regardless of which software he used.A bad case of Scotty shouting I DOONT HAVE THE POWER CAPN.
Maby laptops in general are not a good choice for this kind of work.

I use a self built desktop PC with 3gig dual core, 1 gig ram, a dedicated USB2 card, Soundblaster Audigy 24bit and now use a Numark DMC2.

All works great.

As many laptop users will operate with external USB HDD's,USB sound cards and USB software controllers I do wonder if some of these problems are caused just by using too many USB devices at the same time.

Happy spinin

DAZ

Posté Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 8:42 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
This must be related to sound driver or buffer of audio. Try using "Safe Mode" option to see if it corrects it.

Posté Sat 16 Jun 07 @ 3:07 am
I start to having a second thoughts.
It might as well be a corrupted video file (.vob, .mpg, .avi, etc.) that causes it.

U see I do this video gigs with my partner Dj Bizarre. I play RnB, he plays house music.
All three times that happened it happened to me.
So I guess that certain file could cause it. Unfortunately in that moments of urgency I didn't remember upon which song uploading it happened.

Posté Sat 16 Jun 07 @ 1:48 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Might be, it would be good if you can pinpoint which file is causing this so we can help the team to sort it out. I play Mp3's only at 192Kbits, CBR, around 6 hours at night and no white noise.

Posté Sat 16 Jun 07 @ 2:15 pm
Super- wrote :
I start to having a second thoughts.
It might as well be a corrupted video file (.vob, .mpg, .avi, etc.) that causes it.

U see I do this video gigs with my partner Dj Bizarre. I play RnB, he plays house music.
All three times that happened it happened to me.
So I guess that certain file could cause it. Unfortunately in that moments of urgency I didn't remember upon which song uploading it happened.

It mos def not a corrupted file.
It happened again to me past Saturday after about 5 hours of spinning. This time it was a file that I played a night before with no prob. And this time, for the first time it happened in the middle of the video playing.
Past 3-4 times it happened upon loading a next song.

So I guess that I will have to restart program every couple of hours and play in a meantime 1 joint from a CD player. Not a great solution, but what can I do.

I tho it's fixed in 4.3:-(
Never the less I still love this program and hope that that issue is going to be fixed in a near future.
tnx

Posté Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 10:48 pm
Now that I'm back to XP I'm having some white noise. Previously when I made my comment about SpeedSwitchXP, I was still in Vista where the balanced power profile worked fine. However, now that I'm back in XP, using any of XP's own profiles results in lots of pops and crackles when using a usb soundcard. I downloaded and ran SpeedSwitchXP and it removed the problem of pops and crackles but introduced a new problem, white noise.

The first time I loaded VirtualDJ after using SpeedSwitch, I had white noise. I then switched power profiles with VirtualDJ open (but not playing anything). If I used any profile which wasn't the SpeedSwitch one, the whitenoise instantly disappeared. But if I changed back to the SpeedSwitch profile, it instantly appeared again. Although after a couple of minutes (can't be good for the speakers?) it just disappeared. The behaviour is somewhat reproducable.

I suppose I don't really need to know why this occured, but what is the cheapest way to remedy the problem?

Posté Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 3:08 am
OK, turns out my performance was good again when I removed Asio4All and put the Mk2 to into 48khz with 4ms latency. The main problem with this configuration is VirtualDJ detects the pitch a lot better when running through Asio4All, i.e. +10% is +10.3% using the Mk2 driver. I then tried AsioKS which was pretty good although it kept logging me off the computer everytime I logged for the first time, odd!

I guess I'll just save myself the hassle and order a new soundcard. What's the recommendation in Europe at the moment? Preferably Vista compatible.

Posté Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 4:30 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)