Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Damn... gotta go Mono

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Doing my angelpulse bash tomorrow. http://www.angelpulse.co.uk/home.html

Unfortunately we've only managed to get our hand on a 5k Mono Amp which we'll running our bins and tops off of (daisychaining)
So we'll be merging the stereo from the mixer into a mono to the amp.

Haven't had a chance to rig up and test yet, i'm guessing that as the place is narrow(ish) and will be full of bodies that the stereo effect would be lost anyway, but i 've heard you lose some of the sound when merging stereo to Mono.

(We're Playing Funky/Hard House)

Do you guys reckon this will make much difference, will the crowd pic up on it?

Posté Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 9:58 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
The effects you will find can vary from a lack of high frequency output to some odd phasing effects. This will change depending on the track you are playing but can unfortionately be more noticable when mixing between two tracks. Almost all of the stereo effect is carried in the mid/high frequency range so even if you can get hold of another lower powered Two chan amp ( say 1K per side) and a crossover you could run the mid/high frequency speakers in stereo and the bins in mono. You would get away with that no probs. I would also be V careful about running Too much on one amp, make shure the speaker impeadences dont drop too low for the amp to drive safely. For example four 8ohm bins daisychained will drop the total impeadence (resistence) down to 2 Ohms this is too low for many power amps to cope with. Some can do it but check on the back of the amp it will usualy give a minimum figure. The last thing you want is for it all to go quiet at the best part of the night and have no standby. That the crowd will notice!

Best of luck, have a good one

Daz

Posté Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 11:09 pm
Quote :
even if you can get hold of another lower powered Two chan amp ( say 1K per side) and a crossover you could run the mid/high frequency speakers in stereo and the bins in mono

I would really scrape around to find an amp like this. Especially if you have put a lot of work into the event. It should be cheap to rent just the amp. Good luck!

Posté Sat 16 Jun 07 @ 4:00 pm
We managed to get our hands on another amp, ran the tops in stereo off of it and the Bins on Mono on the other amp, we did try it all on the one mono amp but it did sound pretty flat.

All went very well!

Thanks for your comments

Posté Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 11:09 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)