Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet dmc mapper

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

i dont know if i set a user peram. wrong or what but i cant seem to send a track from the file area to the play list.
when in the playlist peram. it dosnt want to send the track from the playlist to the deck.
is this something im doing wrong or have set wrong.

[wheel mode]+[file]= to browze playlist (file light flashes)
[wheel mode]+pressing the peram knob= to put to the playlist (file light flashes)
is there something im missing
other than that (and its my fault) its great thanks boggis for taking the time to make it

Posté Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 6:49 pm
To add a song to the playlist:

• Press FILE to browse the main song list.
  • Select the song by turning the parameter knob.
  • Press WHEELMODE+parameter knob to add the song to the playlist.

To load a song from the playlist to a deck:

• Press WHEELMODE+FILE on the appropriate side of the controller to browse the playlist.
  • Use the parameter knob to select the file.
  • Press the parameter knob to send it to the deck.

Posté Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 7:09 pm
ok i can now load from the play list but it dosnt do it the way you have said. I have to hold down the [file] key and [wheelmode] key and press the pream knob, all at the same time, and this will load a song that i have put in the play list with the mouse. but still wont load to the play list. I know its something im doing wrong but still havnt been able to get it figured out. im sorry that im such a bother and i now that we can get it figered out.

ps thanks for all your held so far jpboggis

Posté Sat 23 Jun 07 @ 4:27 am
It look like a bug - I'll get it fixed in the next version of the mapper.

Posté Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 1:35 am
well im not sure if its a bug of not thats up to you but i hope not and i appoagize if i have been a pest but the mapper is still great, iv worked around the problem some what just fill the playlist with the mouse and get three hours of thraks in there and go from there and thanks again jpboggis for working so hard on it, it really is a masterpiece.

Posté Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 8:42 pm
jpboggis wrote :
It look like a bug - I'll get it fixed in the next version of the mapper.

PLease don't take offence jpboggis,

I find your mapper difficult to use, and set-up. That's the reason I went back to factory presets.
If you are planing to update your mapper in the future - could you please "dumb it down"?

I'm not trying to insult your skills, but mine are lacking I guess. Actually it's patience thats lacking.

I just found it really confusing to change parameters.

Posté Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 2:03 am
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
PLease don't take offence jpboggis,

No offence taken.

The mapper is designed to expand considerably on what's offered by the default mapping. Unfortunately this does make it more complex with a bigger learning curve (Although many of the basic functions are similar.)

If you're happy with what the default mapper has to offer and don't need the extra functionality offered by my mapper (Or can make do without it), you're best off sticking to the default.

I may add the ability to turn off certain features of the mapper in future updates, such as some of the modes (E.g: External mixer users don't really need Mixer Mode.)

Also, I hope to add the missing folder/file name display when browsing once the VDJ plugin SDK has the necessary queries to be able to do this (Should be possible in the next version of VDJ.)

Any suggestions for possible improvements that could be made are always welcome too.

Posté Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 7:53 pm
Hi,

Really enjoying using the mapper, but like you said, it is a bigger learning curve.

Definately a good idea to have an option to disable the mixer mode, really not needed unless it was some kind of emergancy.

It's not really a problem, but the most trouble I'm having is easily triggering effects and samples. By the time I've pressed the button enough times to get to the effects or sample mode, then scrolled to find the one I want, it does seem to take up a lot of time.

Unfortunately, I havn't really worked out a solution yet though!

One other little thing, (maybe other people would like to comment on whether they think it's a good idea), is when playing a file, could the play button perform "goto cue 1" rather than stuttering from wherever it was last played from. That way, HOT1 could be mapped to cue point 2 and HOT2 could be mapped to cue point 3 (as it is in the default mapper). So then 3 cue points can be jumped to at any time while a song is playing. At the moment only two cues can be jumped to.

Thanks.

Posté Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 5:42 am
I've just had a thought... (bet you wish you'd never asked now!)

Would it be possible so that I could assign an effect or a sample one of the loop buttons, or all of them even?

Also, (I havn't got my DMC turned on at the moment,so I can't check), can you use the param knob to adjust and trigger beat loops?

What I'm thinking is, since I don't use the param knob for file browsing, etc. I could have that set up just for loops (turning to specify the size, then pushing to turn on/off).

Then I could use the loop buttons to trigger the first 8 audio effects, and also use another button (say, wheelmode) plus the loop buttons to trigger the first 8 samples. (Pretty much the same as how the DAC3 could be set up.)

For me at least, that would put things slightly more at my fingertips I think.

What does everybody else think?

Posté Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 6:14 am
andytaylor125 wrote :
It's not really a problem, but the most trouble I'm having is easily triggering effects and samples. By the time I've pressed the button enough times to get to the effects or sample mode, then scrolled to find the one I want, it does seem to take up a lot of time.

There are shortcuts of FXSAMPLER+loop buttons to jump directly to each of the different modes. These may be quicker to use than cycling through all the different modes with FXSAMPLER.

Also, you can hold FXSAMPLER and turn the param knob to select the next/previous mode (Particularly useful if you accidentally press FXSAMPLER one too many times and go past the mode you wanted.)

andytaylor125 wrote :
One other little thing, (maybe other people would like to comment on whether they think it's a good idea), is when playing a file, could the play button perform "goto cue 1" rather than stuttering from wherever it was last played from. That way, HOT1 could be mapped to cue point 2 and HOT2 could be mapped to cue point 3 (as it is in the default mapper). So then 3 cue points can be jumped to at any time while a song is playing. At the moment only two cues can be jumped to.

An option could be added to do this, but I thought that HOT1/HOT2 triggering cues 1 and 2 would make more sense. You can also turn them into HOT3/HOT4 by holding down WHEELMODE. You can also optionally turn any of the beat loop buttons into hot cues too.

andytaylor125 wrote :
Also, (I havn't got my DMC turned on at the moment,so I can't check), can you use the param knob to adjust and trigger beat loops?

Yes, when in Loop Adjust mode, the parameter knob can be used to change the loop length. It will half or double the loop length, or if WHEELMODE is held, it will increase/decrease by 1 beat.

If a loop is not active, you can set the length first with the parameter knob and then trigger it by pressing the param knob.

andytaylor125 wrote :
Then I could use the loop buttons to trigger the first 8 audio effects, and also use another button (say, wheelmode) plus the loop buttons to trigger the first 8 samples. (Pretty much the same as how the DAC3 could be set up.)

It could be possible to do that without even changing the setup as it is now. The following could be added to the mapper:

TIMEDISPLAY+loop buttons = Trigger effects 1-8

PITCHADJUST+loop buttons = Trigger samples 1-8

AUTOMIX+loop buttons = Trigger video effects 1-8

Posté Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 7:11 pm
Thanks for the quick reply.

I like being able to get to the different modes with FXSAMPLER and the beat loop buttons, thanks for that.

I know what you mean about it not really being logical to have HOT1 using cue point 2 and HOT2 using cue point 3. It's just from playing around it seems that most of the time the play button and either HOT1/HOT2 perform the same function, so it seems a bit of a waste of a button (assuming you start playback from cue point 1 or 2, which is the majority of the time). I guess it's always going to be a compromise between functionality and intuitive structure. (I'd probably go for more functionality, but I tend to remember this stuff quite quickly and realise it's not like that for everybody).

I Really like the idea for adding TIMEDISPLAY + loop buttons, PITCHADJUST + loop buttons, etc. That would make it really easy to trigger exactly the effect/sample you want with just one hand, and at a moments notice for those times when you only get an idea at the last second.

That would definately be a real advantage for me if it was added to the mapper. Would any other users find that useful!?

Posté Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 1:55 am
hey,

love the mapper but notice jog wheel in scratch mode wants to take off when you release i know when scratcing with mouse it grabs right away and on beat anyway to adjust this ???

Posté Sat 30 Jun 07 @ 11:45 pm
Unfortunately, the jogwheels on the DMC-2 are not touch or pressure sensitive. The music will only be held (Paused) while the jogwheel is moving. As soon as the jogwheel stops moving, playback will continue. To work around this:

• Scratch with the music paused (Press PLAY at the appropriate point to resume playback.)

• Have a look at the user parameters - One option is to automatically pause after scratching. By default, it only does this when the jogwheel is spun in the reverse, so that it pauses automatically after a spinback is performed, but it can be changed to work in both directions. You will need to press PLAY to resume playback.

• Use the DMC-2 in conjunction with timecoded vinyl, or another controller with touch sensitive jogwheel such as XP10 or iCDX.

Posté Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 7:05 pm
thanx for the info jpboggis great job with the mapper

Posté Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 7:13 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)