Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet DMC2 & HOT CUES

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

This might be a case of Operator error

Last night when performing a mash -up, I wanted to perform a Hot Cue. I only have 2 cue points programmed into the song that was providing the beat.

#1 early in the song
#2 about 1 min into the song.

When I got the 2nd verse in the vocal song I wanted to return to CUE point #1 and so I pressed Hot 1 on the controller. The song jumped alright - to CUE Point #2 not Hot Cue 1

I'm using the standard mapping - not the bloggis mapper

Operator error - or bug?

Posté Sun 24 Jun 07 @ 4:42 pm
no testers can give me a hand?

I experimented at home yeaterday and it seems that hot 1 will ONLY go to cue#2, and hot 2 will only go to cue #3.

so to perform a mash up I have to double up on my fist cue point.

hmmmmm.

Posté Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 6:22 pm
Hi Marcel,

I've just tried, Yeah, does exactly what you say. I'm pretty sure that's deliberate though .

I'm pretty sure the reasoning is that so the hot cues don't get in the way of your first cue point.

Posté Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 3:48 pm
I've just been thinking, it's just not a very logical way of doing it is it.

To me, the best way of mapping it would be to have the play button set up as hot cue 1, then at least you could get to all of your cue points easily.

Posté Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 3:51 pm
Actually when doing a basic mash up - 2 hot cues is usally enough.

I just thoght that when I read HOT 1 & HOT 2; I assumed that it was hotcue 1 and hotcue2. Not cue2 and cue3

Perhaps some re-lableling or re-mapping from numark is on order.

Posté Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 4:02 pm
Yeah, not really very cleaver is it!?

I'm still trying to work out what's the best map. At the moment I've got mine set up with the boggis mapper, and I've assigned the first four loop buttons for cue points 1-4, then the remaining buttons for loops (2,4,8,16). This works pretty well for me, since I was used to having 4 cue points with the DAC3, so quite a few songs have all those different points.

Only downside is that I'm not really using the buttons above play, etc. Trying to work out in my head what's the best way still.

Posté Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 5:22 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)