Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Sub Folders

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello,
I am a new Cue user migrating from Alcatech's BPM Studio.

In Cue (Virtual DJ) is it possible to create sub folders within virtual folders?

For example I have a BEST_DANCE>DISCO folder and a BEST_DANCE>SLOW_SONGS folder and a ALL_MUSIC>SLOW_SONGS group.

Can I put these into sub-folders that I can expand and colapse? I have about 80 groups of songs which means a lot of scrolling if I have to list them all separately. The folder structure on my hard drive is organized totally different than many of my virtual folders and songs may appear in many groups, so it does not make sense to keep my mp3 files organized on my hard drive in multiple folders.

Thanks,
Tim

Posté Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 2:47 am
No you cant add subfolders to the Virtual Folders, but u can add subfolders to your normal folders.

Posté Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 4:01 am
Hi, might be worth noting that apparently there might be some library improvements in the next update of the software.

So before you go and spend weeks putting all your files into subfolders or workng out some other system, if you can hold out for a while this feature, or something else useful might be added soon.

(I've heard that the software is being beta tested at the moment, or is about to be, so hopefully won't be too long til the next update).

Posté Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 5:49 am
I use it this way..
Edit the comment section for each song etc..DANCE/SLOW, DANCE /FAST ..COUNTRY/LINE DANCE ,DANCE/TECH, POP, EASY LISTENING, ... I think you know what I mean from here.

I choose local database and type in DANCE and all dance tunes pop up.If I need a more specific dance I would type in DANCE/SLOW and ta dah!! Pick your poison! Works great for a fast grab if needed.I generally work solely this way most of the night.When time allows I also scroll through sub folders.Hope it helps

Posté Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 7:57 pm
Thanks for the feedback.

The only drawback of using the comment field is that you can't have more than one group per song.

Any word on if future versions will have id3 tag recognition for other fields (like genre, album ect)?

Posté Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 10:09 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)