Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VJ set up

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

HELP!!! I am new to video djing and i'm having basic problems with getting videos to show through a second source (my projector). i'm using my old trusted mk1 hercules controller with v3.4 vdj.
Can anyone enlighten me on how to get my videos showing through the projector?
i've tried reconfiguring my computer (going through display, and using ATI RADEON to set up a 2nd visual source) but still no joy.
i'm using a
ASUS pundit computer, which has monitor, t.v., svid and dvi outputs. my main monitor is linked to monitor out. i've tried using a svid cable (which works well with my laptop) but nothing happens.
ANY IDEAS?!

Posté Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 9:41 am
First, make sure the projector is connected to the computer, before you boot up. Make sure the projector is set for the s video input. I know I have to pick an input, on my projector. Set you display to dual display in video card menu. You should have the option of your monitor + TV. You may have to set it in windows display also. It says something about "extend desktop to this monitor". Go to config in VDJ, video, in TV output, select your video card in the pull down menu. Check activate, check use hardware acceleration. You can also check activate on load and decode while hidden. Load video into player, and viola. You are now mixing videos. Let us know how it turns out.

Posté Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 10:29 am
Thanks for the knowledge A.M.A.H.M.
i will be sure to keep you informed.
1 other question came to my mind, when you said;
"Set you display to dual display in video card menu".
can you tell me where i can find the video card menu (better still step by step guide to the relevant folder!!! remember i'm VERY NEW to this!!)? i thought i just needed to open control panel, display and settings.

Posté Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 3:41 pm
I don't have an ATI card, so I am not sure what it says. There must be a shortcut or an icon in your tray, for the ATI menu. As I said, you may not have to do this if it is done in Windows, I'm not sure.

Posté Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 9:21 pm
Whats ur graphics card?? The reason I ask is ATI had problems with a few cards months back. Now if you have one of these cards try to use the DVI out with the converter to your monitor and your svideo to your projector. Then click on the little ATI icon on your taskbar and click on device manager. There you will see 2 little tvs, left click on the 2nd tv and it will ask you if you wanna enable it say yes. I would run your monitor on 1024X768 then once you have your 2nd activated set that to 720X480. I use mine on 16bit (medium). Then there are a few more tweaks that I use and once I get to work on that machine I will let you know what those are.

Posté Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 11:28 pm
A.MA.H.M. & discobrian (db), thanx 4 the info.
db, u r right bout ATI havin problems with their drivers. found out there were issues concernin the display drivers not detectin additional monitors. i've got to download drivers 2 rectify the issue b4 i can think about experimenting with the vj software. wot a pain!!!:-S.

Thanks 4 your feedback tho, as soon as i sort out the display drivers i'll be looking to discuss "how to get,where 2 put/organisuse and how to effectively use the fx plugins (visual fx's and video wipes).
PEACE.

Posté Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 10:00 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)