Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Night Club DJ pay rates

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Question, I heard that Night Club DJs really don't get paid as much as a conventional mobile DJ. Is this true? Night club DJs are more for people trying to get really known. A night club DJ usually work 8 hours ... A mobile DJ can usually make the same amount in 4 hours. Is all this true?

And is anyone using the Hercules computer hardware at any night clubs? (Without turn tables, just that)? Or is this mainly good for mobile djs and creating personal mixes? (IE Reggaeton, Reggae, Hip Hop, Pop -- Night club that plays those genres)

Any DJs in Southeast Florida area (Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Miami) using VDJ at night clubs?

Posté Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 8:35 pm
here in los angeles, california most of the dj's i've seen at night clubs use serato.

personally i think serato is too expensive.

as for the pay rate, depends who you are, who your client is, and how well you did in your "sales" class in college.

some nightclub dj's take $2,000 for the night while other's barely pull $50.

same thing for mobile dj's. some may do it for free several times, then start at $100 and move up $50 every 8 months or so. others, like the one that works at guitar center takes $5,000 per night.

if you feel confused more now then before, then you are getting it. "it's business"

here are a few lines to help you close deals.

"i play music, not negotiation"
"higher him, learn your lesson, then call me for your next pary"
"you get what you pay for"
"you know what i can do, do you know what he can do?"

my favorite line was when this woman asked me "how much" i replied "300".
she then asked can you give me a better price, and i said sure, "299"

every client of mine who hears of this cracks up and says ok, i'll pay you your rate.

lastly, try to establish a community. so that when ever there is a party run by someone at this community, then you will be their #1 choice. but remember that frequent buyers deserve a huge discount. depending on your equiptment, you should be able to get $200 at the very least. and don't you dare settle for less. and as high as $600. but don't push it. set your price to something like $800, and when the caller tells you that so and so referred them to you, then reply. "oh in that case, let's reduce to price to $600" lines like this will help you. as they have helped me.

p.s. this entire message is from experience.

DJ Shahar
www.djshahar.com

Posté Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 9:28 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)