Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Low sound quality

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi :)

I own a Creative X-Fi Platinum card, and I have been, despite the numerous bugs I've had with it (yea creative blows imo), I'm satisfied, as it provides features I need and low ASIO latency.

Now

When I play mp3s, in Windows Media Player, I have close to no problems (though sometimes, it jumps like ½-1 second forward in playback, but i've given up tryin to fix this). When I play music in Virtual DJ, just one song, no mixing or anything, the quality of the mp3 is lowered. It's not something you notice right away, but it's perceptive, and it's driving me insane. One of the songs where it's pretty clear is Smack That (Akon feat. Eminem), i cut the bass, and when you turn the volume up to just a normal level, you can hear distortion (it's not the bass cut, cause it's there without it, just easier to hear). The mp3 is 320 kbps in 48khz stereo. I have no issues like these with any other player. The issues persists no matter what mp3 i play. I've tried setting all options i could find in Virtual DJ itself, and nothing in the program seems to fix it.

Specs:
Pentium 4 HT (478) 800FSB 3.2Ghz CPU
1536MB DDR2 RAM (PC3200)
Maxtor HD (S-ATA150, 7200 RPM)
Creative X-Fi Platinum Soundcard
ASUS P4P800 Motherboard
GeForce 7600GS GFX

My computer is not a mess, it's pretty neat, and it's not too warm either, nor is it overclocked.

I'm running out of things to try and i'd really like some help.
Thanks in advance.

Posté Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 2:51 am
I just tried installing VirtualDJ on my laptop.
This has a sound card that has never before generated problems (like my creative one does sometimes), but seems to have the same issue?

Is this a general error, but only I noticed it? can't be!

Posté Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 3:00 am
I notice a disturbing thing, turning of Wave in the sound panel doesn't turn off the VirtualDJ player.... what output does it use? all of them are muted and it still plays, even selected all of them in properties.... i'm confused

Posté Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 3:03 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)