Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Some karaoke help - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That's it for tonight. I gotta go get a drink now. This really got me frazzled.

Posté Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 1:26 am
know the feeling ...... glad you got some help/ resolution i have both my screens each on a different resolution.....sorry i shoulda thought of that ....... once you get things setup though you kinda expect it to work well and don't expect to check every detail as if it were new .......

Posté Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 3:59 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps
know the feeling ...... glad you got some help/ resolution i have both my screens each on a different resolution.....sorry i shoulda thought of that ....... once you get things setup though you kinda expect it to work well and don't expect to check every detail as if it were new .......

You are so right. I even tried to redo the codecs just to see if that was messed up. Afetr
hours of messing with it, I by accident happened to see the resolution change when I clicked
fro the 2nd screen. That's when I figured I would resize it.
Again it doesn't make sense, since it was working before.
Oh well at least it is up now.

Posté Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 6:47 pm
the video stuff adds additional complexity .....

i had that crappy feeling we were looking for an elephant with a microscope , if you know what i mean .

just this morning already i moved my 2nd display from my left near field (really old Alesis monitor one's) to the right , and when i restarted the display it wasn't extending the desktop........?????? after about 10 failed attempts at clicking the box for that i decided to power down the display and reconnect all connections .......then it worked ........the video cable at the display was loose, that's all it was but you start thinking uninstall and reinstall the drivers .......

Posté Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 1:30 pm
Kinda crazy stuff. I just rechecked again to be sure everything is okay.
So far good to go. Just hope it stays that way for today.

Posté Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 2:02 pm
have you ever had any pro's at any of your karaoke gigs ??? i have

Posté Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 2:49 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps
I have not had any pros. Actually don't do that many karaoke gigs.
The one I did yesterday was mainly music once again. But went over really well.
Did not have to do anything with the settings, which I was concerned about, since
last week's fiasco.

Posté Sun 08 Jul 07 @ 2:33 pm
i'm glad the gig went well . i used to karaoke at this nearby hotel about 3 years ago , me and my boss at the time ..... this place actually had really good singers .... they would show up dressed like there heroes and some of 'em could really sing ..... they liked us cuz we had 4 mics ...lol .....we let others jump in if they wanted and it was a lot of fun ........ one day my boss is working and i came by after my gig .....so my boss is setting up , i'm helping him and this family comes in way b4 the rest of the crowd ......dad introduces himself as joey and real polite asks if he can sing ....we said of course your first ....he says no let my daughter go first so my wife and i can hear ......i said sure whatever you like .......this guy was really handsome and had a george hamilton tan , really looked hollywood ......i said to my boss this guy is a pro , his daughter's a chip off the old block and he wants to show her off .....my boss scoffs ....i said i'm right and i'll bet 2 rounds of drinks .... he says yer on ..
later on joey's (his real name ) daughter takes her turn and she was tremendous .........she didn't get a standing O, but she was very good ......dad joey is beaming ......a little later , i'm not waiting anymore , i tell joey he's next .....so he finally picks out his song , i introduce him as joey , and he just blew away everybody ......... standing O , he did an encore , it was tremendous ......

so who was it?? joey was Joey D of Joey D and the Starlighters ....... who did the Peppermint Twist !!

those old doo woppers can really sing .......

Posté Sun 08 Jul 07 @ 7:52 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps
Joey D man that's is cool.
Actually Sat I had this one young man about 17 sing,"That's Amore" by Dean Martin.
This kid was pretty good. First time he ever did anything like this.
Most of the participants were from 14 to 19 years old. A few were late 30's t0 early 40's.
These kids were real nice to deal with, I had a blast with them.

Posté Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 6:28 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)