Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet help with local database!!!!??

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ktavakrHome userMember since 2007
i just started using vdj. when it searched my hard drive it added all the music, but it is not organized, i have seen that many users have their music automatically organized in folders by artists. how can i have vdj do this??

by the way.. all my music is organized in itunes

Posté Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 11:58 pm
I don't know about iTunes - I put my music in Windows Media Player. I labelled each album by the album's name.

I usually use compilation CDs - under Album Artist, I have labelled the stuff I have bought from shops or whatever as "Arty's Party" (my disco name), the Mastermix stuff is under Mastermix and the Classic Cuts is labelled as such in Album Artist. I have given each album its individual name, which aooears in the subfolder under Album on WMP and put the song title and artist in the relevant fields - in Virtual DJ, it would now read, e. g. Arty's Party - click on that and it would put up the album titles in separate subfolders within Arty's Party - from there, I can select the album I want to play, then play it. If you add them all to Local Database, it should do it in some order - if you get a request for a track at a gig, go to Local Database and type it in the window.

It usually does it in the order you created them - but, if you have played tracks recently after analysis, it moves recently-played tracks to the top, irrespective of album.

In some cases, you'd be well-advised to use the Playlist feature - you can then make it so the tracks will stay in the order on the album when you select Playlist.

When you play the album from the folders, it moves all played tracks up the list - if you don't play all the tracks sequentially - in the wrong order or skip a few, it jumbles it up

Posté Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 11:24 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)