Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Numark CM-200USB Users

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey. If there is anybody out there that uses VDJ with a Numark CM-200USB mixer, you have probably noticed that you have to be creative about how you cue the laptop audio in your headphones. Most people probably do wut i was doing and use the 2nd USB input on the mixer just for headphone audio from VDJ. This works, but is kinda weird to use, and u use up that channel on your board. Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but if you do, let me know. I did a mod on my CM200 that fixed it. Now for me to cue the "inactive deck" in VDJ, i just hit the PFL button on the channel connected to my laptop. Just like cueing any other channel on the board.

Like i said, if anyone else has the same issue, I will post instructions of exactly wut i did. Otherwise, i won't wast my time.

Cheers!

Orange

Posté Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 8:17 am
I don't understand the modifications that you had to do to use it normally. However, the way I use mine is: I connect both CM200 sound cards to the USB ports on the laptop, then use channel 3 for the left deck & channel 4 for the right deck by selecting USB on both channels as input on the CM200. Then to cue either the left or right deck I just press the PFL button for that specific channel on the mixer.

My only gripe about the mixer is why have two sound cards, when they could have used one sound card with multiple inputs and outputs like the Allen & Heath 3D. This could have eliminated the need for two USB cables.

Posté Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 12:28 pm
Pat_DJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
How's the sound quality from CM200USB? I currently use a CM200.. and I was wondering how was the sound quality of the CM200USB.

Posté Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 1:16 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Don't know why you went through all that - the mixer works just fine as designed. Send two outputs from computer/VDJ. You should have used the External Mixer option in your sound setup then selected the 2 different AudioCards for each respective deck. Now you could have used left deck chan#3 right deck chan#4 and independently cued each channel. NO MOD necessary.

As for the quality - extremely happy - use to have the Behringer VMX1000 and I am very happy with how tight and crisp everything sounds.

Posté Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 1:25 pm
Pat_DJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks...and how's latency?

Posté Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 1:27 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Latency? - kinda not relevant since it is output only -- the SoundCards are not an ASIO In/Out capability where you would be able to use TimeCoded CDs or Vinyl

Now you can dedicate one card for sending the Master Level back to the computer for recording - but then you lose an output from the computer

Posté Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 1:34 pm
Why wouldn't latency be relevent for output. You start playing about with samples, loops, vstis and general mixing and latency will of course have some part in it, most particularly if using vsti plugins. Buffer underruns can still happen in wdm mode but safe mode does a very good job of preventing these hiccups from occuring.

Posté Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 1:42 pm
Just to clarify why I did the mod. During interaction, I am not always by my console wen i am DJing, so I use the Automix feature.

This means I am not at my mixer to run a cross fader, so I need to have it automated. Leaving the crossfader on the cm200 in the center would work ok to. I tried this, but I would sometimes forget to center the crossfader before I walked away from the console. Then VDJ x-fades, and u get silence. ... and yes I am absent minded enough to do something like that. Our DJs really like this modification.

For those who wish to have there VDJ decks on seperate channels and manually x-fade, this mod is of no benefit.

At any rate, I wont bother to post the process since I seem to be the only one that wants this.

As for the sound Q questions: Yes it sounds good. The drawbacks with the cm200 usb are the mic inputs are not balanced. Also, it wud be sweet if there was isolation between the soundcards and computer, to eliminate ground loop and other issues. This may be asking to much tho.... and of course ground loops can be dealt with in other ways... but thats a whole other topic....

Happy spiinning everyone!

sean

Posté Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 11:58 pm
The CM200usb sounds good but you need a good computer because you are using up 4 usb ports. I have te Dac 3 and numark cm200 usb and a external HD for the music. Using a hub will sometimes freeze up. The sound is good and i have no problem with it. The mic sounds good. It doesnt matter if a mic is balanced or not because it is mono. I only use this setup for small easy gigs and it works well. In the begginging of the setup, it may take a few minutes to be able to play both sound cards because most of the time it only picks up one and the other has to be adjusted to work.

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 8:20 am
Caliente,

Just thought i wud throw out my 2 cents.... External hard drive is a great idea. I do the same. If you use an hard drive with ESATA, you will get much faster through-put speed, compared to USB. My laptop has an ESATA connector on in. If you dont have that, you can get a PCI ESATA card. This will virtually be as efficient as using an internal drive.... well close.

As for your 'balanced line and mono' comment, ... Google "balanced line" or "common mode rejection". You will find that it has nothing to do with mono or stereo. This is a common misunderstanding, since often the same connector used for stereo (2ch) unbalanced signal is also used for mono (1ch) balanced line. Its good knowledge for anyone dealing with audio gear to have.... just my lowely opinion.

Cheers!

sean

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 5:41 pm
EliteDJs / Sean,

What was the modification you did to get the CUE function to work the way you wanted?

Thanks

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 9:18 pm
Think the best way to tell you would be to post a blog.... which i've never done before. I will work on it tonight for ya.

sean

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 5:35 pm

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 3:42 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)