Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Ultimate setup

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

jenhenPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Can someone advise me on a PC setup to use VDJ with. I like to go straight from the computer NO turntables or CDs.
I also am running video.

SO: If you were to make the ultimate computer using VDJ what Video card, Processor, Ram... would you use?
Thanks
DJ Sean

Posté Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 7:59 am
Do you want desktop or laptop?

Posté Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 8:01 am
jenhenPRO InfinityMember since 2004
oh sorry desktop

Posté Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 8:44 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Here goes:
CPU Intel Core2 6420
RAM 2GB DDR2 800Mhz
Intel based motherboard 965 Chipset
250 or 500GB Hdd Seagate or Western Digital
Video Nvidia Geforce 8600GT or GTS with 256Mb DDR3 memory
the rest is up to you.
Off course there is better hardware but it would be overkill, this one is just enough for video use.

Posté Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 2:08 pm
The C2D 6420 runs at an FSB of 1066mhz, 800mhz ram would be slower than the optimal configuration. PC8500 ram would be better.

The Gigabyte DS3 is a popular board. If you can find the DS3P for a little more money, maybe only $20 or so more, then you will benefit from the additional Firewire (it has Crossfire too, i.e. dual ATI cards) support when using external harddrives etc. There is also the DS4 model which may be worth investigating, but I'm not sure what the difference is other than heatpipes. I was thinking of building such a system a few months back when the student loan comes in, unfortunately I've spent it all now and need the rest for rent :-(

Posté Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 2:20 pm
PACHBG for security reasons your message won't appear until a moderator has reviewed it.

Posté Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 2:23 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Andrew87 wrote :
The C2D 6420 runs at an FSB of 1066mhz, 800mhz ram would be slower than the optimal configuration. PC8500 ram would be better.

Maybe so, but the gain would be a small in % but the price is much higher, so I still recommend 800Mhz memory.
@PACHBG
Hi Bulgaria, you can ask everything you want here.

Posté Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 3:02 pm
True, double the price probably isn't worth the increase in price for the non overclocker. Do you have a budget you'd like to stick to jenhen, and are you comfortable ordering from sites such as www.newegg.com and putting the system together yourself?

Posté Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 3:13 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)