Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Timecode never 100%, signal all scratchy?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

First let me ay its usable with the 0% timecode i have i just can't needle drop... altho i'd rather better scratching but i wont be able to do that til I get the 256 mb mem upgrade on laptop to make it 512 mb first :-p

this will be alot i hope u understand....

equipment:
american audio audio genie stereo rca in/out (usb)
audiotek maya ex5 ce (headphone x2/mic/line in, front/rear/blah out/spdif i/o)
dell latitude c800 ?
numark tt100 turntables
stock numark groove tool needles
2 x stanton 520.v3 needles on hs4 headshells with 2g weights

1.) does the weight of the needle on the vinyl matter much once its not too little or too much? pressing auto configure when I was doing it many times didn't work until i pressed it more than once at certain weights.

so I disconnected the audiotek and put just the american audio. I grounded it to a screw underneath my laptop. which brings me to my second question...

2.) is it ok to ground on ur mixer or it has to be laptop?

it jumps all around off the black square to where I can't see no red or green at all, then back on to the top and bottom like its stuck there then in middle all over the place..
the % skips around from 0 (mostly ) to 8,28, and even 60%. but it never stays it goes back to 0.

that audio genie doesn't have good drivers it was plug n play.. and I cant change the record volume of the card only the out.

now for the audiotek....
I connected it and grounded it with on same screw . when I used audiotek i disconnected the audio genie... it has rca to 1/8" to line in of the card, and line out is 1/8" to rca to mixer. When I have both cards connected, I get some kinda high pitch noise like a timecode but it isn't the timecode b/c the needle isn't even on the table. I get this from the speakers like something isn't grounded or something but only when they both connected... and its just the speaker if I press the speaker button on the receiver to turn speaker off it goes away. :-/

when I have my numark old needles (the stanton seem to not be good with timecodes), i was getting 35%,45%, and 100% quality sometimes 100% for a few seconds but it never stayed its not accurate.

I also had the line record volume to max so it was loudest signal could be. I put it down lower before to 50 and 0 and it still would do same.

i dont wanna say this is all needle based but do u know what could be wrong? sometimes the greed bar 2 has like a thick part where its colored not a line itself maybe at bottom or top

Posté Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 2:01 am
and more on the buzzing.. its just the audio genie that buzzes... im trying to look up some settings under device manager or something

when it plugs in its a high buzz. if it mute it its still a buzz but lower. the mute mutes the speaker or so it says

Posté Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 2:13 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)