Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJs downfall?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

The Automix feature has problems.

Unless the bugs get worked out, this will cause a lot of users to go elsewhere. I already know several DJs that have abandoned this program & went to other programs for better automixing features. Unfortuanately, they spent $299 for something that is not working properly.

I want to thank all the other users here that have offer suggestions & advice for correcting this problem. It has helped...but it still has not corrected it.

What I'm trying to do:
Create a playlist of nice dinner/cocktail music that will play about 20 (or more) songs in a row. One song fades out & the other starts...smoothly.

The problem:
The auto mix feature does a very unproffesional job of being able to play a series of songs in a row. 98% of the time, it either cuts off the end of first song too early & chops into the next song, sometimes starting 2 seconds in!

Why can't this play like a CD? Several DJs have recommended that try WinAmp for dinner music. (what they use) I spent $299 on this & feel that this software should be worth $299!

I have tried setting cue points, fading times, force fading, Etc. & adjusting everything I can, but to have to do this for every single song is frustrating & not worth the hassle.

Yes, I have become quite frustrated & I can see that I am not the only one ticked off (read all the other posts)

I hope Virtual DJ is in the process of correcting this.

Posté Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 7:09 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
buddy2007 wrote :

...have tried setting cue points, fading times, force fading, Etc. & adjusting everything I can, but to have to do this for every single song is frustrating & not worth the hassle.

Hi buddy , its me again.. I understand ur frustation man n have u c my blog.. http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/spinnaJ/

Its been well for me using these setting while waiting for the next updates which indicated it will be fixed:)) And morever u need not have to do each song:)..

Hope this help..

Posté Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 9:14 am

Wait for next release, it has great news ;)

Posté Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 7:14 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
ahh norway your teasing again put us out of our misery and give us a clue...not lol

Posté Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 7:41 pm

Well, since there has been lots of complaints on the current automix feature, and stil on-going complaints, lets say that next release will be something to make them happy ;)

Cant be more clear than that :) hehe

Posté Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 8:53 pm
So when can we get the sneak preview? :) lol

Posté Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 9:54 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Soon, not before LOL :)

Posté Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 3:18 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Erm... well... No, i won't put another countdown till next release :)

Posté Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 11:50 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
buddy2007
You can always revert back to 3.4 until automix is fixed. It works for me.

Posté Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 2:34 pm
Hey buddy,

Have you tried setting force fade to 'enabled' and fade length slider al the way to the left? This will play the songs in their entirety and transition smoothly (but rather quickly). Also, don't forget to set auto cue to 'disabled' for this to work. Personally, I use a fade length of about 3 sec., which works well for segues. Haven't had trouble with this configuration and the transitions are smoother and more gradual, sort of like easy listening radio;)

Posté Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 3:54 pm
i c. bUT WE do not WANT "RATHER QUICKLY", HOWEVER, WE WANT SMOOTHLY.

there is a difference!!

Posté Sun 29 Jul 07 @ 8:32 am
You talkin video as well Bryant?? I dont like the jumpiness of the video transition, but I have all my fades set for all my VOBs and I dont have an issue with the audio side of things. I know it sux to have to do it to every file, but after I got the majority done it is a piece of cake on the new videos and audio files I do add. If I am gonna use automix for video I set it on Satelite Boom as I feel that is the best video transition for automix cause u cant see the jumpiness.

Posté Sun 29 Jul 07 @ 9:52 am
bryantpb wrote :

there is a difference!!

No need for shouting, bryantpb...allow me to explain what I meant in my post. When you set a fade length, you get smooth transitions that take the amount of time you set (in seconds) to complete. Try tweaking the fade length setting until you get the transition you want. The 'rather quickly' part only applies to a zero fade length setting ;)

Also, your crossfader curve should be set to 'smooth' for best results. I only use this feature for audio, so I don't have any input on the video behavior.

Posté Sun 29 Jul 07 @ 3:09 pm
bryantpb wrote :

there is a difference!!

If you are talkin about video and automix they are jumpy, use the satelite boom transition and you dont see the jumpiness

Posté Sun 29 Jul 07 @ 9:50 pm
okay, thanx.

Posté Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 10:57 pm
spinnaJ wrote :
buddy2007 wrote :

...have tried setting cue points, fading times, force fading, Etc. & adjusting everything I can, but to have to do this for every single song is frustrating & not worth the hassle.

Hi buddy , its me again.. I understand ur frustation man n have u c my blog.. http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/spinnaJ/

Its been well for me using these setting while waiting for the next updates which indicated it will be fixed:)) And morever u need not have to do each song:)..

Hope this help..

Any luck buddy? Have this been resolved?

Posté Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 10:29 pm
Thanks,
But I have basically given up fighting with Virtual DJs software.
I am now using a different software program for dinner music.

Virtual DJ has some MAJOR problems they need to fix before I come back.
I'm very dissapointed that I spent $299 for this.

Posté Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 4:58 am

well, it you read above, its fixed for next release.

Wait and see , you'll me mighty impressed... ;)

Posté Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 7:25 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)