Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Shuffle doesn't! [Fixed]

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

This has been reported before here and still seems it has not been fixed. I have one playlist that I use for the begining of the night, that i was just shuffling at the start of the night, but I have now noticed that I get exactly the same track order, if I press shuffle once. If i press it twice, I get the same order every time, that I have before when I pressed shuffle twice!

Please make shuffle... well Shuffle!
It seems VDJ uses the same formula to shuffle each time, thus resulting in exactly the same combo of tracks depending on how many times you press shuffle!

Posté Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 6:58 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Shuffle has always worked? I use it all the time and never the same order twice.
Are you sure you are looking at the PLAYLIST panel and not the CENTER browser panel?

Posté Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 1:47 pm
Absolutly. try the test in the link, with say five files. its the same list every time the shuffle button is pressed that amount of times. IE,

I loaded five files, and noted the track list for each time i pressed shuffle 4 times and noted the order of the tracks for each press of shuffle. closed VDJ, and repeated this 3 times. Track one in the list for one press of shuffle was the same on all three runs (Deeper and deeper) same for two presses (Justify My Love), Three presses always brought Justify my love again, and four presses brought Deeper and deeper back to track one.

I did check all 5 files, but havent listed them here. and this is in the playlist to the right of the screen, as the main playlis does not change when you hit shuffle. =)

Posté Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 2:06 pm
Ok what happens if say one time you hit shuffle and it plays in a certain order, what if you sort by artist or title first?? Will it still play those songs in the same order??

Posté Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 11:29 pm
No then it will play sorted by either artist or title as you selected. if the playlist you first give it is the same, then hitting shuffle once, will give you the same shuffle, everytime you only hit shuffle once.

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 5:13 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I think this comes from the way program developping and randomization is on computers.

When i was programming in Qbasic at school (a long time ago), if you ask the program to give you 10 random numbers, the numbers will be the same each time.

The best randomization is when you set the random on the current time of the day. You would need to hit the shuffle button at the exact same time the next day to have the same randomization.

Maybe this will be solved in next version.

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 10:26 am
If the code was based on time and date, the shuffle would never be the same!

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 11:21 am
Yes, that's my point.

The Dev Team is now aware of this problem.

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 12:26 pm
Thank Youuuuuuu! =) JeremK.

Posté Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 2:08 am
FIXED In Version 5.0. Thanks team!

Posté Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 9:18 am
Told you the Dev Team was aware of it ;)

Posté Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 9:55 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)