Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet God for saken SKUNKS

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Sooo it is a peaceful nite at about 3 am when a smell like no other smells fills my house. Now for those of u who dont know me I have a 3 yr old potbelly pig that we have had almost all of those 3 yrs. Sure enough that bastard sprayed the pig, so NOW WHAT DO I DO, I send the ole lady to super K-Mart for peroxide, baking soda in large quantities. She comes back and we give her a bath that she isnt really liking and guess what, most of the smell is gone. You can smell it a little bit still so I went to the pet store and got some other stuff and will be bathin her again. I havent seen a skunk since we moved in and I pray it isnt livin under my barn or I think this will happen again. SOOO if any of ya get into a skunky situation do this 1qt 3% peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda and 2 tbsp of dish soap, it does wonders. Now I am workin on gettin the smell out of the house and pray to god she doesnt get sprayed tonite!!

Posté Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 5:14 pm
uuuuuuhhhhhhh ........... can you keep the pig in at night ?? they are smart like dogs right ??

oops i mean smart enough to piss off a skunk .... er never mind

i think i've had every pet under the sun except ferrets and pigs ........

Posté Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 5:38 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
We don't get skunks here in the Uk so I don't no what the spary smells like but I bet it's horrible.

Can't you train your pig to attack, lol

they're suppose to be clever animals.

Posté Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 6:03 pm
Think of a dead animal and let it rot inside a room with the sun shinning on it next to big vat of urine sitting in the sun with the lid on it. 2-3 days later open the urine to mix with the dead animal.

That's the smell.. I may be off a little bit but pretty close I say.

Posté Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 6:14 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
fatkatzi

is'nt that the exact same smell britney spears is selling as perfume...

Tayla

Posté Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 6:18 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
NO WAY,

It can't be that bad, can it.

Me and my girlfriend went for a walk last weekend around our village and we came across a dead sheep and that stunk awful, so you're saying it's worse than that.

I'm goin to chuck up.

Posté Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 6:20 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
@discobrian24
Get a terrier dog (like pit bull, but ordinary one), that dog is terminator for rats, skunks and cats. It will terminate everything on it's way ;)

Posté Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 7:32 pm
fatkatzdj wrote :
Think of a dead animal and let it rot inside a room with the sun shinning on it next to big vat of urine sitting in the sun with the lid on it. 2-3 days later open the urine to mix with the dead animal.

That's the smell.. I may be off a little bit but pretty close I say.

I think it could possibly be worse!!! She still smells a little but anything is better than last nite

Tonite I am using 3 flood lites on the barn that I think they may be in.

I put moth balls all over around the base.

She is really smart actually I think the skunk came up on her while she was eating and out of reaction she charged like she does the cat. Hopefully she learned as it doesnt take much to train them.

Posté Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 7:59 pm
it is an awful smell... put it this way if one has been hit by a car you smell it before you see it even when your windows are up. When you drive past it even if its in the other lane ohh yea that smell fills the car.... lol

Posté Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 8:32 pm
It's worst then any of you think, except the guy with the pig. Skunks can be smelled for miles. My Rotty was sprayed twice in a week, and he still did not learn his lesson. We had so many where I used to live, I was confronting them every night. They only spray as a last resort, because they want to get away from the smell. They will actually face you, moving side to side, with their tail in the air, which means; "Hey stupid, look at me, black & white, didn't your mother tell you about me?" They will continue this, not backing up, and then start bouncing up & down, faking forward motions. They seem to know the distance of their spray (about 12 feet), so they will wait till you get within that distance, turn and spray. I did a lot of research, including hands on. I have trapped several, but had to stop, because I did not like killing them. So, I just learned to live with them, and stay out of their way.

Posté Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 8:48 pm
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
discobrian24 wrote :
Sooo it is a peaceful nite at about 3 am when a smell like no other smells fills my house. Now for those of u who dont know me I have a 3 yr old potbelly pig that we have had almost all of those 3 yrs. Sure enough that bastard sprayed the pig, so NOW WHAT DO I DO, I send the ole lady to super K-Mart for peroxide, baking soda in large quantities. She comes back and we give her a bath that she isnt really liking and guess what, most of the smell is gone. You can smell it a little bit still so I went to the pet store and got some other stuff and will be bathin her again. I havent seen a skunk since we moved in and I pray it isnt livin under my barn or I think this will happen again. SOOO if any of ya get into a skunky situation do this 1qt 3% peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda and 2 tbsp of dish soap, it does wonders. Now I am workin on gettin the smell out of the house and pray to god she doesnt get sprayed tonite!!

This has got to be the strangest piece of advice I've seen in a long time...especially @ a DJ forum..hehe
But I'll keep it mind discobrian24 for when I get a pet pig..and it get's sprayed by a skunk..eh...
Good looking out man ;)

Posté Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 9:58 pm
After the Simpsons movie I think pigs are my favourite animal, for now. I hope the smell goes away soon and she's not left too traumatised by the event!

Posté Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 10:00 pm
The recipe is for dogs cats and humans, just passin on the tip

Posté Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 6:49 am
discobrian24 wrote :
The recipe is for dogs cats and humans, just passin on the tip

I agree the recipe works, but speed is very important. You do not want to try to cook up a recipe when the dog is crying, foaming at the mouth, trying to get into the house, the phone is ringing because the whole neighborhood is funky, your wife is.... well your wife. I kept 2 gallons of the stuff from the pet store in the house. One tip, use it first, not water. Water will just spread it, you want to neutralize it first with the solution.

Posté Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 10:29 am
Well I have tried a few things and the smell is still there. I was told by someone to try ketchup. I am afraid she will think we are gettin her ready for a BAR B Q.

Posté Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 1:03 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
LOL!! Poor animal :P

Posté Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 6:48 am
It makes me feel bad too!! We have had her for a couple years and I am tellin you they are smarter than dogs and cats.

Posté Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 10:02 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)