Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet external dvd player

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Not VDJ related.
If you connect a DVD player or projector to the mixer via RCA jacks. WIll it interfere with
VDJ??
Not sure if it will be a projector or dvd player yet. But I assume you can go from the out of the
dvd player or projector to the mixer (let's say cahnnel 5) and therefore play the sound through my system. I am just concerned that it may somehow interfere with the program or something.
Any suggestions??

Posté Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 4:36 pm
No... It won't interfere with the program itself because its not connected to the program in any way. however, the only thing that it may interfere with and it's mainly due to human error is sound coming from each channel.

Remember, it's no different if you hooked up dual cd decks and two turntables to mix with 4 decks.

The only thing that you have to worry about is the video hookup aspect. To have an external video running ( maybe for video dispays ) you would need a video switcher of some type. At least two Channels.

Depending on the switcher, there may be a slight delay in flow of video but nothing that should be noticable to the dancers. It may look like something was just pluged in, thats it. No biggie!

As soon As I finish ripping my videos, I'm going to be doing the same thing.

Posté Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 5:09 pm
fatkatzdj
Thanks
The thing is that the people who I am doing this for; already have a projector and dvd player.
They want to play a video (short) of the birthday girl. They say all they need is to
hook up to my sound as the projector speakers ar not good enough. So I am not really
involved in anyway with the video portion. Just not sure if they have projector or dvd.

Posté Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 5:22 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
bogart

you should'nt have any problems at all just link it to a spare channel on your mixer and jobs a good un'

Tayla

Posté Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 5:33 pm
Again thanks.
I was not real sure as I still don't know what they have. All this was just sprung on me
today and the party is Sunday. I really won't know what kind of setup they have until I get there.

Posté Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 5:40 pm
OK...Anything audio, no worries just plug, adust for sound, and go. That simple - 10 seconds of work.

I had this happen to me once when the client braught the wrong cable. Talk to them ahead of time to make sure your ready for the hookup. This also makes you look professional and on top of your game.
Any person who shows up thinking their ready may end up looking like a fool in front of the crowd.

Prepare for everything ahead of time....

Posté Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 5:59 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)