Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet DJM-800 HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

im trying to get the 800 to map out like the nuo4. for instanct i map a button to scroll through the video transitions, but it ony pop up the list with a check on the selected transition. im trying to get it set up to scroll with the software but dont know how. another thing is when i select scroll through tracks, it scrolls one way but not the other. is there a way to get it to work right, do i need a midi translator, i dont have a clue. im usisng my dell duo core, my sound card is audio 8 dj(the best i have had), and the midi is plug through this. if you guy can help me out please do.

Posté Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 9:23 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
just to add the the urgency/importance of this thread... same problem!

I am also trying to map my djm800 with the identical problems.

when i teach virtualdj the midi signal i want to use, the options change to absolute and relative (scale option given) only... and i've messed around with these as well to no success.

anyone who has mapped their djm800 or knows how to would be greatly appreciated here too!

Posté Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 8:59 pm
bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posté Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 5:35 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
hey kboogie...

i found in the djm800 manual (towards the back) there is a breakdown of the midi commands and their types and ranges.

apparently there's the switch (0, middle, or like 120 i think)
the button (0, or 120)
and the fader thingy (0-120 all numbers)

so..... the little window thing is not avoidable because it is programmed into virtualdj to open on the zero value (which is always going to be sent by the djm800 at one point or another)

what we need (and other djm800 users need) is a virtualdj option/plugin/coding change that will give more midi versatility such that we can chose if we want zero 0 value to open up that little window... cause the djm is gonna send out the 0 value no matter what at one point.

once something has been done on the vdj side, we should be able to scroll transitions/effects from top to bottom with a midi command

i hope.

someone help please?

Posté Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 10:15 am
norway help me out:) you are the man up here. give me any possible solution please, or is there hope to come in the update.

Posté Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 3:30 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006

I don't know how it is solved in nuo4. I don't have djm-800 but I will buy ecler evo 5 mixer in october when it is released. And I know i probably will get this same problem and bunch of others.... There should be a some sort of default support to map midi commands for mixer knobs.

Posté Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 3:42 pm

I'll try help you in the near few hours.. just gotta sort a few other things first.

Posté Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 5:13 pm
Did you sort this out? I own the Nou 4, but I think I'm going to return it. Everyone rants about the overall quality and sound of the mixer but I don't think it even compares to the Pioneer DJM 600 (which is what I use for audio). It does map very well though.

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 12:58 am

Really ?!

I've heard only but GREAT feedbacks about the quality, was about go buy one... hum
Isn't the Ecler good HQ sound?

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 1:17 am
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
charlie1 five> whats your setup consist of? I have had the ecler nuo 4 for 2 years and i love it. No problems, works great, sound quality is great as well. I will be buying the evo 5 when it comes out.

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 1:22 am
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
Did you sort this out? I own the Nou 4, but I think I'm going to return it. Everyone rants about the overall quality and sound of the mixer but I don't think it even compares to the Pioneer DJM 600 (which is what I use for audio). It does map very well though.

I've tried both mixers in a side by side comparison with my Mackie SRM 450s. The sound of the NU04 is (imho) more 'hifi' probably more pure and clear. The sound of the DJM600 is more like a DJ sound. A bit less pure, but more punchy and direct. It's probably a matter of taste or even depends on your speakers/amp. They're both fine mixers but the DJM600 doesn't have the midi of course.

I use a DJM 600 now because I sold my NU04 and really like the DJM600 for it's ease of use and because I am usually using timecode I want to use the effects in the 600 which are fine for the mostly house that I play. My ideal choice would be a djm800 and for midi control I would always now use a separate unit, because I don't think they've cracked midi control with mixers yet. except for the Xone 3D.

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 11:13 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
funnyb0nz wrote :
I will be buying the evo 5 when it comes out.

asymptote wrote :
My ideal choice would be a djm800 and for midi control I would always now use a separate unit, because I don't think they've cracked midi control with mixers yet. except for the Xone 3D.

Give a look to the Korg Zero4, it has assignable MIDI commands for ALL the controls, plus a cool effect pad (effects like the Kaoss Pad ones). It is the future for digital mixing, trust me!!!

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 11:40 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)