Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Which controller is the best

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Im a pro mobileDJ using Pio and Denon gear, but before spending lots of money on new Pio gear to mix videos, I want to use a Computer, only for videos and some mp3. Most of it will be used for video beatmatching. So most of people recomended me VDJ.

I think I will feel some pain in the @$$ if I use VDJ with the mouse so I will use a controller. But which one is the best? I will use the computer motherboard´s soundcard to feed my headphones (it will disbled it if the CDJ controller have phones output), and my SoundBlaster Audigy output to a channel of my main mixer (Pioneer DJM3000).

I have been looking for a while and I found very interesting the following:

1) Numark Total Control
2) Vestax VCI-100
3) Numark DCM2
4) Hercules MK2 (but readed too many bad things)

Which one do you recomend me and why?
Is there another option that I have not seen?

Thanks for your help!

Posté Tue 07 Aug 07 @ 1:51 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Tue 07 Aug 07 @ 2:00 am
have you considered the Numark ICDX? it has midi capacities for controlling VDJ through midi just as you could use it as regular CD decks.

Posté Tue 07 Aug 07 @ 3:57 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I love my BCD2000 and it only cost $150

Posté Tue 07 Aug 07 @ 5:03 am
2nd the Icdx... got it and although its different to get used to the scratching, its well worth all it can do

btw id be willing to sell also...

Posté Tue 07 Aug 07 @ 6:20 am
Thanks, SKYFXL, I already read that post before posting here, but I dont like that kind of controls, except for the MK2. They look too oldies and lack of full control in the controller.

Thanks whiteDVL, but I already have my CD decks and Im married with them, I just want to add some vissuals to my show such as music videos, but that will be only 20% of my gig, 80% will still CD´s.
Here is my main system:

http://www.watekedisco.com/Pics/djrackclean.JPG

I think will be cool in the middle of the dance put some videos beatmatched with the music, and all the sound from the main output (mixed) of the PC to one channel of my mixer.

Sorry Kreg, but I already tested a used Behringer BCD2000 and it is not really fast as I want, I mean has a lack of aprox 1/3 to 1/2 of a sec to star playing, and thats makes a little more difficult to beatmatch. And I know that it wasnt the PC because it is was a Intel P4 3.0Ghz, MotherBoard Intel, 2Gb in Ram, XP Sp2 (have just installed), and it was connected directly to a motherboard port (not the ones in the case).

thanks guys!

Posté Tue 07 Aug 07 @ 7:24 am
RicardoM wrote :

Which one do you recomend me and why?
Is there another option that I have not seen?

Send me an email. charliefive@visualizechicago.com. I may have some good information and maybe an option for you. I have recently tried almost everything that is out there.

Posté Tue 07 Aug 07 @ 11:46 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i would get the numark total control , personaly im going to get one

works well with numark virtual vinyl or dj/io

Posté Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 12:01 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)