Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet BCD3000: The Verdict? Yea or neah?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I've tried every midi controller/sound card under the sun (within the $300 price range). So far, I haven't found one I really like. I love the MK2 but it looks like a small toy and the controls are even smaller. The X-session with Serato works best so far..

The BCD3000 looks promising. But is it worth it?

BCD3000 questions:
- Does it crash like the bcd2000?
- Do the jog wheels work with the new midi mapper I've seen uploaded on these boards?
- How well does it work with TCV?
- Does it have mic issues?
- Will I still need to plug it in to a two channel mixer?
- How does it do for club environments? Sound quality?

More important...is it worth my money? If not, what is??

Posté Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 5:17 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
BCD2000 = BCD3000 = Toys

I have tested all the 2 controller and I have same audio crash with both controller, the Audio card have a lot of problem of compatibility, only the hardware knobs is a little bit good respect to the bcd2000 but all the audio problem remain.

Posté Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 12:29 pm
lack1PRO InfinityMember since 2004
How do you get it to work at all with vdj> I have downloaded the mapper and to nothing.

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 4:38 am
Make sure that in your Config under the tab "Remote Control" that the BCD2000 is checked. Set your BCD2000 to B-DJ Mode in the driver options. I think the BCD2000 and BCD3000 are very similar and can use the same check mark on the "Remote Control" tab. Only a color change and a different software bundle as fas as I know.

I have a BCD2000 since many people on this forum suggested but now it seems no one likes it anymore. What a shame. I like the jog wheels but the volume sliders get in the way. Overall I like it, but more buttons are necessary. The audio card does have issues and I cannot use the head phone jack on it unless I have the BCD2000 selected as my sound card and the appropriate cables connected. It can be a hassle. The new NuMark controller under development looks promising.

I have a BCF2000 to use with Reason 3.0 and Reason 4.0 and that works well. I just wished the controller could be used with other programs. It works well with B-DJ in terms of control, but that program is messy and crash-prone.

I have not used the BCD2000 extensively in any club environment in order to judge how well it sounds. It sounds OK to my ears, but I have cheap Logitech 5.1 $40 speakers.

Posté Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 6:47 pm
After a week of trying to get VDJ5 and the BCD to work I decided to go with Traktor, a bit of a learning curve but works like a charm.

What I would do is get the BCD with Traktor or VDJ5 with another controller, but unfortunately those 2 don't mix together.

Posté Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 4:28 am
For which purpose you like to use the BCD?
I used the BCD 2000 and use now the BCD 3000. And after some problems with the configuration they worked and work fine WITHOUT any failure!!! They are fine if you are working in a small club or on a marriage or for karaoke purposes. The only problem is the missing mic issue. You have to use a second mixer for the mic (it might be a simple one). For Karaoke it is mandatory of course ;-)

In bigger clubs i'm working with the timecode feature and CD's or TT's (whatever is installed). The reason is the better usability of the bigger diameter from the Vinyls or cd-players.

For the Price and the installation effort the BCD 3000 is one of the best solutions!

@cioce: It is not a toy! The BCD's are fine and working well! If you are not able to constitute your equipment well check yourself and don't blame the equipment!

The problem of the most dissatisfied BCD user is, that they are using there equipment also for dj'ing as for all the other things, as surfing, playing and so on. That is not what profis shall do. Use your Laptop only for Dj'ing or install 2 fully separated operating systems. Than there should be no more problems!

Posté Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 10:47 am
Magic Mitch wrote :
For which purpose you like to use the BCD?
I used the BCD 2000 and use now the BCD 3000. And after some problems with the configuration they worked and work fine WITHOUT any failure!!! They are fine if you are working in a small club or on a marriage or for karaoke purposes. The only problem is the missing mic issue. You have to use a second mixer for the mic (it might be a simple one). For Karaoke it is mandatory of course ;-)

In bigger clubs i'm working with the timecode feature and CD's or TT's (whatever is installed). The reason is the better usability of the bigger diameter from the Vinyls or cd-players.

For the Price and the installation effort the BCD 3000 is one of the best solutions!

@cioce: It is not a toy! The BCD's are fine and working well! If you are not able to constitute your equipment well check yourself and don't blame the equipment!

The problem of the most dissatisfied BCD user is, that they are using there equipment also for dj'ing as for all the other things, as surfing, playing and so on. That is not what profis shall do. Use your Laptop only for Dj'ing or install 2 fully separated operating systems. Than there should be no more problems!

Hi...Totally agree :) I use BCD2000/3000 for mixing ont he VDJradio and everything is ok, now i using BCD2000/3000 to teach my 7 years son how to be a dj and works great,,,i have used in some clubs and parties too without a problem...the thing is what kind of computer you are using for and i am agree is not a toy is aperfect solution depending te use.

Regards

Dj Quintana

Posté Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 5:35 am
jifsterPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I agree too!

I've been running a BCD3000 quite happily with Pro edition of VDJ. Admitedly it took a little setting up, as I had the same headphone issue most have had with this hardware, but a quick scan of the forums gave the simple solution (a tweak of the ASIO channels setting), and they work fine now. As for the Midi mapping of the controls, i've re-mapped all the buttons and controls myself, which was relatively simple, taking only about an hour max!?
Regarding stability, i've had 0 'crashes' so far, with approx 8 - 10 hrs of use........ My PC is a home-build, and is pretty stable anyway, I just make sure all background software is switched off (anti-virus, etc, etc) and that seems to work ok for me? I'm not sure if the problem with the drivers provided is Behringers fault or not, as my PC, BCD, and VDJ all seem perfectly happy with each other? Are the faults only occurring for those running myltiple soundcards, or cracked software? One thing I noticed, though, is that I had a few minor issues UNTIL I completely uninstalled 'Traktor LE' (bundled with BCD3000), then re-installed VDJ Pro?? Other than that, it works fine on my system!

I agree that the sound quality is a little sub-standard when using the BCD as the soundcard, but i'm running it through powered studio monitors and it's only a marginal difference in my opinion? As for being a toy???? At this price I think it's a bargain, providing you are prepared to do a little research and spend a little time setting it up how you want it? All those critiscising it are either a) Not very technically minded or b) Very lazy and can't be bothered to spend some time altering the settings...... It doesn't work with VDJ 'straight out of the box' (not very well, anyway) but a couple of hours of simple tweaking and I've got mine running absolutely fine......

As for using Traktor INSTEAD of VDJ?????? .................That's just stupid :)

Posté Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 10:19 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)