Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet First time virtual DJ forum newbie.. help!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'm trying out different demos so I can decide what my next DJing software should be.
(been running PCDJ for years now).

Basically I love virtual dj's interface.. like wow!
BUT the 'record case' sucks.. I need to be able to see my Genres AND ratings of my songs..
And from the demo virtual DJ doesnt have this simple ability!

any chance of this happening in the future? how does everyone else deal with no ratings ability etc?

thanx!

Posté Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 7:52 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
You can use the comment feature with great success. There is an update due out soon with an enhanced browser for music.

Posté Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 9:53 pm

Posté Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 9:54 pm
Quote: You have posted in 3 threads about this Hippy ;)

did I mention I was a forum newbie :)

that thread you showed me helped..
(even if the software didnt have a rating section I guess I could use the comments section like I do with PCDJ 5.2)

Though the guessing about when this "new" update will come out kind of messes me up..

I've decided to redo my sound system (and get away from laptop DJing.)
I am planning to have it ready to go by January at the latest..

Which software I choose will probably affect how I build the system (controller space/no controller, my old mixer/ mp2 mixer, etc etc)..

I'm serious, I like the interface of Virtual DJ enough, that I might be willing to hold off (rebuilding) for the new release! BUT! only if I get some timely news/confirmations in the next few months.

thanx!

Posté Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 10:16 pm

it will not be MONTHS ;) lol

Its in beta testing right now, and final stages of it.
So it will be out sooner than later.. (hard to give exact date, as its beta.. )

Posté Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 10:29 pm
let me get this straight.. Your rebuild your system but around VDJ's updated version. Even if you couldn't wait for the new version. You will still be in same situation of building around a "maybe" a different software. Maybe it's just me but wouldn't you buy the eqp based on your needs and price range and as you need the eqp. If you see VDJ is going to complete the setup then you modify your setup and get VDJ when it becomes available for your needs. If not then get something else and regret it later. ( black and white )

If we didn't tell you that there weren't going to be any updates planned... then you probably could make a decision.

OR

you can buy the current version and get the update for free when available and practice with it. You'll be "golden".

Posté Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 10:38 pm
Thats fair!

(didnt know if this was like an OTSDJ new release.. which would go on FOREVER)

THANX!

Posté Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 10:39 pm
free updates is awesome! almost the best thing about virtual dj! the best thing about virtual dj is - virtual dj!

Posté Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 10:49 pm
<<Maybe it's just me but wouldn't you buy the eqp based on your needs and price range and as you need the eqp.>>

The new system I want to build is a rackmount sytem..
If I go with PCDJ or VDJ or Traktor (for example) I will build it to house my current mixer and a controller (DAC 2 maybe)
If I went with OTSDJ or Mixmeister, a mixer and controller isnt really necessary, so I would purchase an MP2 mixer (1U rack space) and more emphasis will be on the keyboard and mouse.. (and i would also run a dual CD player like Numark as a backup. as I would have more room to play with)

so ya... my software choice will affect my hardware choice :)

Posté Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 11:05 pm
u cant go wrong with virtual dj - its so flexible and can be used so many different ways

Posté Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 11:25 pm
Got to agree with the above, I like quite a few have switched from PCDJ to VDJ and havent looked back. This current version is enough to get you going practice wise and such, everything above this version COULD make things easier on ya later down the road and would be a free update as stated above. Just DO IT you wont regret it, but if you have a computer that you already use please list your system specs to double check if all is cosher.

Posté Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 8:13 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)