Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet ATI video card users--- Tip

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Well I couldnt for the life of me figure out why with a good card I have X1950 pro I was gettin poor video performance in VDJ and I just figured it out. Open your CCC and make it Advanced. Go to the overclocking process window and make sure you dont have anything runnin that is uneeded and click on the little lock at the top right which will unlock this part of the settings. Click on Run Automated Clock Configuration Utility. Ati will then go through and change these settings for you. I noticed a 100% improvement in my XP partition. Here were my numbers before runnin the utility, Graphics Processor Status was 570 MHz and it got bumped up to 621 MHz and my Graphics Memory Status was 682 and got bumped up to 770. Now I will advise you to follow the directions and if things dont run right just take it back to default.

Posté Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 6:43 am
You have a good card, it seems strange that you've had to increase your speeds. You shouldn't have had to run the card overclocked. Make sure that if you see any snow on the screen you decrease the clock speeds. Any general blockiness or artifacts mean your memory speed is too high. When you see either of these, if they occur for too long, the effects are permanent.

If anyone is running a laptop definitely stay out of the overclocking options. They're already on the limit as it is running at stock speeds with such little cooling.

Posté Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 6:53 am
Yeah I have been watchin it and it looks to be ok. My system is an Asus A8N5x MOBO an AMD Athlon 64 4000 CPU, 2 Gb RAM, ATI X1950 PRO, 600 watt PSU, XP on one drive Vista on the other. My question wouldnt it be safe if that is what it set itself at???

Posté Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 7:39 am
It depends how good their detection algoritham is, it may even support dynamic adjustments during use to keep things safe. I used to use ATI Tool on my desktop system and that had a good detection system which could take up to half an hour or greater to complete.

You will get varying results with different temperatures. If you're running such a tool in the daytime during summer and you've warmed up the graphics card a lot (e.g. you've been running an intensive 3d game) then you will see lower results; if the detection system is poorly coded. It can take a while to really get heat into the card, depending on your cases airflow. I've never used the CCC overclocking feature. Don't forget that video mixing is 2D work, I'm not sure if CCC only adjusts speeds for 3D usage.

Posté Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 8:46 am
You can set it for all or only 3D apps.

Posté Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 10:10 am
I have one of the limited edition ATI radeon cards. It's full title is :-

"Sapphire X1800 GTO2 512MB GDDR3 DUAL DVI-I VIVO PCI-E"

So you can see it's quite a high spec card, anyway, I've found by far the best performance hit is to remove all the ATI add ons, control centre & crap and just run the bare device driver. I think DJ In Norway also does this with his.

Posté Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 12:59 pm
Hmmmmmmmmm

Posté Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 12:59 pm
But even with this high card, when u had all the other crap loaded did u see any jumpiness in ur video??

Posté Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 1:00 pm
Try it Brian, you will be surprised!

Posté Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 1:01 pm
I have CCC installed but have it deactivated and only run it when I require it. It has some more advanced dual monitor support than Windows which is why I kept it. Go into start, run and type services.msc then set all the ati entries to manual startup. Or set clistart in msconfig to disabled. You free up about 30meg of ram on your machine if nothing else.

Posté Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 6:55 pm
Ok now you got me curious, I too disable CCC when working, but I like the tweaks I can do with the CCC initially. I am thinkin of trying to run it with just the drivers tonight, hey what can it hurt I can always reinstall CCC after if I dont like the results.

Posté Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 10:51 pm
As long as you disable clistart.exe from starting up when your computer boots there will be no difference installing the drivers without ccc installed.

Posté Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 11:27 pm
m8..try uninstalling all ati graphic drivers u have and then reinstall them ( if you´ve already don that..sorry for the typing ) also u can try omegadrivers from omegadrivers.net..they´re a bit old ( ver 7.4 ) but I´ve never had any problems with them..could also be heat issues u´ve got.

Posté Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 11:44 pm
If not using CCC what do you set your TV resolution at?? 800X600??

Posté Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 11:59 pm
CCC mainly handles advanced features which you'll never need to touch, other than perhaps screen resizing on a TV which overcrops the picture. You can use Windows to change the resolution, color depth and refresh rate.

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 12:04 am
WOW I am impressed. Videos are crisp and clear at 800 X600 with just the drivers installed. The only thing I miss about CCC is the Video resizer as now I have a black line at the top and bottom of the screen, but the way it is performing now is incredible without bein overclocked. You runnin 800X600?

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 12:37 am
All Catalyst Control Center is is a gui application to make some driver changes. If you had disabled clistart then CCC does not get automatically loaded as it usually does and in effect is disabled, only running it's junk in the background when you open it again. This way you can still tweak your monitor settings and it will be remembered whether CCC services are running in the background or not.

Also, running with ntsc vob files on a crt tv, 640x480 should look good too. This is because ntsc tv has 480 horizontal lines of resolution. This means that the tv would not have to scale the input coming from the graphics card which has already been scaled. On an lcd/plasma TV you're best outputting at the displays native resolution for maximum clarity.

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 1:12 am
Ok I am gonna reinstall CCC again I think.

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 1:17 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)