Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Direct X New Update - August 2007 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Get new Direct X update here. For Windows XP only.

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 2:46 pm
Hi DJ-Alf

I believe this is just the current version of Direct-X 9.0c which has been around for sometime, except that now you can download the full whole package in one go rather than a small package that streams the rest of the install over an internet connection.

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 3:13 pm
No, it is new update for XP.

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 3:30 pm
Ah yes sorry, you're right.

Hmm, why haven't they called it 9.0d?

So now there are two differnt versions of 9.0c ...scope for confusion.

Any idea of what the differnces between 9.0c and 9.0c (The new version!) are?

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 4:31 pm
I don't know, it must have some changes since it is updated every few months (April, June and now August).

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 4:35 pm
Not very familiar with windows and only using to run VDJ.

Where should i install the package after download? I just created a folder (named it direct x) and placed the contents inside. Does it need to be in a particular spot?

Thanks,
Charlie Five

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 4:49 pm
No, just extract and run "DXSETUP.EXE", it will install automatically.

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 4:53 pm
From what i can tell, the Bi-Monthly updates are SDK updates only. The 9.0C runtime remains the same.

So if this is correct, the updates are only of any real use if you are a developer.

Although having googled up on this, there seems to be a quite a bit of confusion over the matter.

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 4:58 pm
When I open the installer I get a window saying. 'Please type the location you want to place the extracted files.' -- browse -- ok -- cancel --

Where should I place the files?

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 5:19 pm
Never mind. Just read more on the download page.

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 5:22 pm
digimixer wrote :
From what i can tell, the Bi-Monthly updates are SDK updates only. The 9.0C runtime remains the same.

So if this is correct, the updates are only of any real use if you are a developer.

Not quite, they are incremental updates. Imaging Directx being the translator between your processor and your hardware. Hardware especially graphics cards are developing at a constant rate, so the 'language' changes a little, therefore the 'interpreter' needs to keep up to date.

Some of the GFX plugins for VDJ won't work unless you have later versions of DirectX installed.

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 6:08 pm
TopHouse wrote :
digimixer wrote :

Not quite, they are incremental updates. Imaging Directx being the translator between your processor and your hardware. Hardware especially graphics cards are developing at a constant rate, so the 'language' changes a little, therefore the 'interpreter' needs to keep up to date.

Some of the GFX plugins for VDJ won't work unless you have later versions of DirectX installed.

Sorry Tophouse, not gonna acknowledge your post... still mad about my Coffee :)

So the updates continually improves the scope of hardware compatibility, but the engine itself remains the same?

Bought any shares in local Power Stations recently?? :)

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 6:17 pm
What Coffee? What was that one I did?

but to answer the question, basically yes, and if the latest compiler is used it needs to run on the latest directx, hence why some of the plugins here have caused people problems and why one of the first things dev team and skyfxl suggest, well, skyfxl suggests it as a guess most of the time! LOL

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 6:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
seems to work tho lol ;) id call it an educated guess as a certifed systems and network enginer

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 8:13 pm
skyfxl wrote :
as a certifed systems and network enginer

After seeing some of your answers that's scary! hehe

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 11:14 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
charmed , the offical reason why you should update your direct x when possible is that newer plugins are constructed on higher versions of the direct X sdk which is updated constantly if your version is not high enough the plugin wont run or it will run badly

as all vdj video fx is based on the direct x platform

i looked at the download there a , for ease of install i think it would be better if people acessed it

from the microsoft update website

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 11:53 pm

Posté Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 2:12 am
infoHome userMember since 2021
Yeah i have to agree with tophouse here...

The machine i use for gigs with VDJ on NEVER goes on the internet the only way i can install updates is buy burning to CD or using my pendrive after they have been virus scanned and the install checked..

The VDJ system is 100% for professional use only... I have a laptop and 2 other systems that i use for personal and office use that connect to the internet... This way it stops any possible issues or conflicts that may crop up with other software or internet issues on the gig system.

Re-dist is currently being downloaded... Thanks for the link tophouse... Saved me looking for it.

Posté Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 3:51 pm
@TopHouse & jamesh
That is the same link I gave you, it is just redirected from Softwarepatch.com, and you can always find it there ;)

Posté Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 4:33 pm
WOW i have to say that my intentions where exactly that, when i bought the laptop for the club gigs, rule number one was MUSIC ONLY that lasted all of two weeks.. now i can say that i probably use the laptop more than my desktop and over the 3 yrs i have had it i am yet to have any problems that i thought i would have had by breaking rule number one!! i think we under estimate our selves and the equipment we use.. and i dont even use ANY anti virus software at all (cause we all know how much that hogs the resources).. have faith!!..

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 3:08 pm
95%