Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Numark iCDX & VDJ 4.3

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi Guys

Now here's the thing.... I'm currently using a DAC 3 or Timecoded Vinyls when im out but i feel the DAC3 is getting a bit long in the tooth and i have a desire for some new gear.

I've been looking at the Numark iCDX and it seems like a pretty wicked piece of kit but before i dive in head first i was wondering if anyone had any experience of using these i.e. how do they react with VDJ (currently on 4.3) and can you use two of them at once as i notice there doesnt seem to be much in the way of config options under the remote control tab.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 3:46 pm
I've never touched it, but there have been several threads about it... do a search!

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 5:51 pm
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Every Button is already mapped to virtual DJ
it's a great piece of hardware for controlling virtual DJ.

A mapper would be a great addition however.

Pros:

1) Controlls VDJ as if your using a CD player
-instant control of samples/looping/cues
2) CD Player/USB Drive
3) touch sensitive surface for manual cueing/scratching
4) Lightweight - killer looking design (For the Mobile DJs)
5) Built in effects (For VDJ and regular CD/mp3)
6) You can controll virtual DJ with just One player.
(pressing the eject buttom in HID mode switches sides)

Cons:

1) Lack of mapper
2) CD Drive is a little buggy (sometimes does not load disc)
***This may be a problem only for me numark agreed to replace my units I just havn't
***had the time to do the RA
3) 4.3 has a but where the Video window pops up once in a while (NOT a big deal)
4) Scratching is possible but you have to learn how to scratch on the ICDX, I can do some good scratches on them but if your used to Vinyl... The idea is the same but getting used to that pressure plate will take a week or so.

Posté Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 12:33 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I have had my two iCDXs since December of last year, look at my blog and see them if you wish. They have served me well. No major complaints. When two arre connected two little green dots show up in the remote tab of the config menu. If they are on the "wrong" side hit the eject and they switch....I hope this helps.....;-)

Posté Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 12:41 am
sivyourHome userMember since 2007
I wouldnt touch the icdx. We went to view one and it wasnt working quite right. We were told that it was our hard drive.
My partner then purchased 2 icdx's and a super pioneer mixer. He sits down and has a fiddle. The hard drive is showing on his icdx. He has a play and then decides to make a new promo cd. icdx/2 decided it was going to start and stop, then judders a bit and then shuts down. Bugger, we got a faulty unit. He decides to play with the mixer and icdx/1. icdx/1 starts pitching up and down, even I can hear it and Im not a musician (im in finance, so not artistic). He tries playing through the hard drive instead....works fine. So decides to mix with hard drive on icdx/2 and disc on icdx1. Icdx1 starts slurring the cd....Dj starts getting mighty Peed off!
Leaves to cool down...
starts again next day...fine for 20mins then pitching starts. As its pitching, the mixer cant play in the loops properly.
So, we have something that will now only work for basic manual mixing and which is selective about what and when it chooses to play.
Dont touch them, in a million years....they are a rich boys toy and not for serious working dj's...

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 7:13 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
sivyour wrote :
Dont touch them, in a million years....they are a rich boys toy and not for serious working dj's...

I am by far not a rich boy....I am a serious working DJ..and my iCDXs have served me very well. Not one problem with them at any of the jobs I have used them at. Sounds to me like you had a bit of bad luck. Sorry to hear that is so, but it is terribly wrong of you to bash an entire product based on one experience. Not too mention there are a few people here who use the iCDXs with great success. I hope you have better luck in the future.

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 7:22 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
As for the mapper question -- I will be resurrecting my iCDX mapper thread in the plug-ins section once I finish the user guide(s) -- if you want to go find it early and post a link back to this one -- i will welcome any input for the mapper as that will be my next project.

And please don't ask - when will it be done?

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 10:59 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)