Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Warped TCV's SOLVED

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi.

I thought I'd let you know that my warped TCV's are no longer warped. I did not return them, instead I asked my friend whos been spinning vinyl for more than 15 years if there was a way to straighten out warped vinyls, and there is:

What I did was place them on an absolutely flat/straight piece of wood (used to be a desk) (inside their inner sleves) on my heated bathroom floor, and then placed another slab on top and then put two 10 liter buckets of (hot) water on top (one for each tcv). Then I left them under pressure for three days and now they are pretty much completely straightened out.

Using a slab of wood is not nessecarily the best option, as heat and moist may cause it to warp, but it worked for me. I guess som panes of glass would be optimal. Also, you don't have to place them on a heated floor, but it is mandatory that they are heated up some way or another during their period of pressure. (Just don't melt them:-)

When ordering TCV's or other vinyls online, this may be less trouble than having them replaced, as was the case for me.

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 6:15 pm

Nice tip....

will come in handy.

Warped vinyls can be an issue for many djs, and specially so with vinyls sent over long distances (like for example the timecode ones).

A few times that can take its toll on the vinyl (warp).

Thanx for the tip !;)

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 6:21 pm
I've read about folks receiving brand-new vinyls that have warped during shipping. Let's face it. Trucks and aircraft go through some fairly drastic temperature changes in the course of ther travels.

I'm sure many will benefit from your creativity.

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 6:26 pm
Yeah, that works, same thing I did with mine. When I first got them I was really upset, I made a big fuss. But the thought of sending them back & waiting didn't please me so I did the same thing only with two flat panes of glass & a bucket of hot water. Works like a charm. At least now I don't worry about warped vynil

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 6:44 pm
one thing to remember though is not to use tempered glass as it does have adhearent waveyness to it, form the heating and coolig prosess to make it safety glass. i have workked for a glass company for 8 years so i do now this to be true. if you look a patio door or the glass in a screen door you will see small but te waves in them. so just a word of caution.

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 10:24 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)