Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet What I Want For 5.1 - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

cstoll wrote :
DJ MikeD wrote :
Hi A built in MP3 ripper would be nice.....MikeD

There are enough of those out there. Why and How would this make VDJ better?

Agreed, I'd like to see VDJ be a master of one trade and not a 'jack of all'.

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 3:51 am
cstoll wrote :

@TopHouse -- As Bagpuss said I think the AutoMix is much better and glad you agree, but just don't understand how you use it that it needs to be 2 decks.

Bagpuss also said "but I see the point about the two deck being better for some or under certain circumstances" And I wouldn't mind betting that there are a number of others that would like it to be switchable to two deck, the fact that you can't even see the next track loaded is a bit uncomfortable.

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 3:54 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Well at the risk of sounding like a broken record....

1) A built in sample manager, for instant save/recall of banks of samples (see my blog for details), and
2) To be able to choose where the database is located (for those of use who use the same removable drive on two computers.)
3) For the napster database to actually work!

That said, I'm still running 3.4.... I think I'd miss those 3 effect slots if I upgraded! ;-)

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 4:21 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djsherz wrote :
1) A built in sample manager, for instant save/recall of banks of samples (see my blog for details), and

Can't comment there... maybe in a future release... but not enough reason not to upgrade, since it is the same in V5 as prior versions
djsherz wrote :
2) To be able to choose where the database is located (for those of use who use the same removable drive on two computers.)

Exists in Version 5, should try or read the manual before you comment.
djsherz wrote :

Explain why you think it's broke?
djsherz wrote :
That said, I'm still running 3.4.... I think I'd miss those 3 effect slots if I upgraded! ;-)

[/quote]
Your loss...

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 5:01 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
tophouse/topman

sorted...cheers mate thanks for the help...

be safe

Tayla

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 5:30 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
cstoll wrote :
djsherz wrote :

Can't comment there... maybe in a future release... but not enough reason not to upgrade, since it is the same in V5 as prior versions
djsherz wrote :

djsherz wrote :

Explain why you think it's broke?
djsherz wrote :

Your loss...[/quote]

Meh, just read my original post back to myself - If I came across as being angry & confrontational that wasn't my intention! I have every respect for the dev staff here, I was just making a couple of points... (should really stop visiting the forums after a night on the beer...:-)

To be fair, the sample manager issue is my main reason for not upgrading. While the sampler itself may not have changed, the effects system has, and therefore the manager plugin isn't compatible. If you want to use that plugin, you HAVE to use v3.4...

As for the external drive support... well Cstoll, my bad, my big mouth. I re-read the guide, must have misunderstood it last time. Apologies.

The Napster thing - it's never worked properly for me in any version of vdj that I've tried (3.x, 4.x, 5) Sometimes a search may bring back results, but if you try to load/play a track, 9 times out of 10 you just get "error". I've tred logging in using the Napster program in the background, that doesn't help either. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in v5, but so far I haven't even managed to get any search results from napster.

Anyhoo, enough from me. Once again, apologies if I ruffled any feathers! ;-)

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 8:18 am
native console Bheringer Bcd3000.

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 9:16 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The ability to disable vdj bpm detection and use only ID3 tag data when the song is loaded to the players.

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:31 am
@tophouse
If you decide you need to add a different song to the automix all you have to do is disable then reinalble automix. Example you are running automix on deck 1 then for some reason you need to switch all you have to do is disable and play on 2 then enable again and the automix is now on 2 instead of 1.

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:45 am
@djsherz I cant get Napster to work on mine either half the time. Is there a trick to it I dont know??

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:47 am
discobrian24 wrote :
@tophouse
If you decide you need to add a different song to the automix all you have to do is disable then reinalble automix. Example you are running automix on deck 1 then for some reason you need to switch all you have to do is disable and play on 2 then enable again and the automix is now on 2 instead of 1.

Think you missed my point somewhere Brian, none of the above addresses my issues/wants

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:51 am
TopHouse wrote :
cstoll wrote :
@chuck -- Video Effects -> ClipBank

@TopHouse -- Why are you using AutoMix for Karaoke?

Nooooooo What I said was, "this way you can load the karaoke song onto that second deck and start it at your leisure"

So, you have a karaoke night, you're busy with people, sorting slips etc etc, so, you have automix engaged for the 'filler tracks'. Then as each persons turn comes up, you can load the karaoke file onto that spare deck, call out the name, the person comes up and you mix into it. OR, you shout the persons name, they don't appear, they've gone to the toilet! No probs as the automix will continue and it doesn't cause a hiccup.

I misunderstood this post sorry:)

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:59 am
Bad Brian !!!!!!!!!

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 12:11 pm
Ok I missed the MIX INTO IT part LOL.

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 12:14 pm
For those asking about the Napster not working --- please start a new thread and EXPLAIN what it's not doing.

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 2:29 pm
Quote :

As for the external drive support... well Cstoll, my bad, my big mouth. I re-read the guide, must have misunderstood it last time. Apologies.

The NEW VirtualDJ Database system segments the database to each drive attached to the system. Each additional database file will be found on the ROOT of that drive and is titled – VirtualDJ Local Database.xml

Because of the ‘split’ database files and depending on the size of the v4.x database XML, the FIRST LAUNCH of VirtualDJ after upgrading may act like it has stopped at the applications splash screen. Please be patient and look for activity on the hard drive(s). VirtualDJ is reading the v4.x database and splitting the various entries across the respective hard drives of the system.

The ‘split’ database files provide users of external hard drives the ability to COLD or HOT SWAP drives between single or multiple systems. This allows for multiple DJs of a club or venue to utilize 1 VirtualDJ installation and not have different OS logins in order to maintain separate databases unique to each DJ. Now, the DJ just walks in plugs in the external device and begins playing.

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 2:32 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
One Deck Automix can be used to play and Entire Ambient Video on the Other Deck, Just Unlick Link crossfader in the Video Option tab

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 3:27 pm
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I would like to be able to preview my samples. Maybe you could could add a headphone Icon to each sample. I have 1000's of samples crossing many genre's. I would also like the sampler to lock in with track that I am playing. Deckadance does this really well.

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 5:07 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
you can if you send your samples out to a 3rd channel.

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 5:21 pm
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, I know. right now I am not using an external mixer, just the MK2 and I am using an M-audio Fast Track Pro. With Deckadance I can preview all my samples and VST intruments by clicking on a headphone icon. I was hoping that VDJ would offer the same.

We had a baby who took over my room full of hardware, now I am using my MK2, Fast Track Pro and self powered monitors.

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 6:50 pm
95%