Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Install v5 in same folder as v4.3

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Do we install v5 in the same folder a v4.3 after renaming the v4.3 exec file?

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 5:13 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 5:19 am
Thank you cstoll, I know I've been a lil rough on you guys lately and a bit (a lot) negative, however, i really want to make some good attempts at making VDJ flawless for me. Let me apologize publicly for any quick remarks about VDJ in the past.

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 5:25 am
No problem here - thanks for the public jesture though - big props!

Now - please don't take my answers to your 4 threads the wrong way...
And in the future please post them in 1 thread not 4 seperate items as they were all just general questions that could be answered 1 once.

And since I put the UPDATES User Guide together -- please read it and alot of your questions will be answered.
And if you don't find an answer, please post away and we will find an answer.

cstoll

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 5:35 am
gotcha, thanx

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 5:41 am
1) On one lappy I have v3.4; where do I put the v5.0 w/o messing up?

2) On the other lappy i have 3.4 in virtualdj folder and 4.3 in a virtualdj4.3 folder;,

where would i install v5.0 w/o messing things up on that one?

3) If I end up deleting 3.4 and i use registry remove from the vdjtools
will that only remove the 3.4 somehow and not the 4.3 or 5.0?

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 10:36 pm
I have read sone recent issues with this. perhaps someone can clear this instruction up with
a nice set of "what exactly do we do" in the above circumstances, please?

Posté Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 9:16 pm
From what I read to not have issues you need to update the ones with 3.4 to 4.3 and once that is all good go ahead and upgrade to 5.0. Does that help a little :)

Ok after you install 4.3 copy the virtualdj folder and change it to virtualdj_4.3 then install 5.0. Then you have both 4.3 and 5.0 on the same system.

Posté Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 8:33 am
No need to copy the folder - in the Program Files\\VirtualDJ folder - just rename the virtualdj.exe to virtualdj_4.exe (or something you like) then install v5.

Posté Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 3:10 pm
I thought that if you install 3.4 and 4.3 to the same folder there will be some registry conflicts.

Doesn't 4.3 need to be installed at the beginning to another named folder?

Posté Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:11 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
Ok after you install 4.3 copy the virtualdj folder and change it to virtualdj_4.3 then install 5.0. Then you have both 4.3 and 5.0 on the same system.

I was responding to this statement... but No you should not have problems. In any case, you would want to make a backup of your 3.4 DB, upgrade to 4 and run VDJ 1 time so the database gets upgraded to v4. Then make a copy of that DB and then upgrade to 5. If you want before each upgrade rename the virtualdj.exe to another name.

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 3:03 am
Okay, I getcha cstoll, thanks again for your clarity. However, I was thinking about my situation where I ran 3.4 AND 4.3 on the same computer but those two needed to be in different folders so the registry would recognize them as separate entities. Am I correct there?

Then when I get ready to install 5.0 in addition to keeping 4.3 and 3.4, wouldn't I have to install 5.0 in the same folder that 4.3 is now?
My 3.4 is already named vdj3.4.exe and my 4.3 is already named vdj4.3.exe. Please verify further, if you may.

Eventually on this one lappy, it will all be 5.0 I'm sure.

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 6:02 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)