Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Registry Tool feature desired please :)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gang -

While using PCDJ, you are able to locate the recordcase to anywhere. Just change the settings in the CFG.

Reason? I like to keep the database files and folders w/ the MP3 library. That way, when I replicate the MP3s, the resulting database also gets replicated.

Could some kind sort make a reg tool or update the current one?

What I think would rock - is to change the root path of the VirtualDJ folder that gets placed into My Documents. Yes, this will impact samples and etc.

Hopefully, others might see this as useful as well. It would save me from making my own registry hacks.

Thanks gang!

Posté Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 4:56 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ewitles wrote :
Gang -

While using PCDJ, you are able to locate the recordcase to anywhere. Just change the settings in the CFG.

Reason? I like to keep the database files and folders w/ the MP3 library. That way, when I replicate the MP3s, the resulting database also gets replicated.

Could some kind sort make a reg tool or update the current one?

What I think would rock - is to change the root path of the VirtualDJ folder that gets placed into My Documents. Yes, this will impact samples and etc.

Hopefully, others might see this as useful as well. It would save me from making my own registry hacks.

Thanks gang!

You really need to read the manual (pgs 3-4). The V5 database has been re-designed and performs this for you automatically. Need to get out of the old v4 and forget about PCDJ. V5 splits the database and stores the DB locally with the files on external drives or partitions other that the drive partition where VDJ is installed. If you keep the default install there is a core DB stored in the MyDocuments that will hold information about any files on the C: drive. All other partitions will have a DB stored in the root level of the drive (e.g. D: drive - D:VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml )

So don't hack the registry just install and have fun.

http://www.virtualdj.com/support/VDJ5-UserGuide_for_Updates.pdf

Posté Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 5:45 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I thought that was the case, just not sure. I'll hafta spend some time and update and get comfy w/ the new DB.

I might add 50 or so per week, plus remove (prune) a dozen or so. Are you telling me VDJ will dynamically update the master DB on the drive root?

How about a VDJ 5 DB for Dummies :)

Posté Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 1:08 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Tell me how you have your stuff setup and I will tell you what VDJ will do with it.... and the manual is very comprehensive.

Posté Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 1:52 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)