Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet I HAVE 4 PROBLEMS

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

piyoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi guys,

I'm having having two annoying problems.

1) PITCH
My pitch keep on changing constantly +/- 3 to 4 on average. If you have good ears it's noticeble. And this happen of both channels. Now imagne yourself trying to match two songs BPM and both pitch changing constantly and you having to continuously using the left and right direction button to keep the sinc. Trust me not funny at all. DID NOT HAVE THAT PROBLEM WITH THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS

2) SOUND DISTORTION
For this one I'm thinking maybe it might be from the sound card (Maya44usb). The funny thing is, it only happen on one channel (left). The right channel comes out clear and nice. But the left channel is the main issue. When the sound is really loud the audience does not catch on it, but I can hear it on my headphone.

3) SKIPPING PROBLEM
Recently this one happen to me one or two time while practicing. I did not pay to much attention to it until it happen to me at a Gig. Again on the left channel. Thank god that night it was the two of us DJing. My partner had to go back on playing on his CDs while I was supposed to relieve him. I thought maybe it was vibration cause by one of the base speaker that was a little bit to close from my TTs, but all of a sudden it stopped so it was not the vibration. But this same thing happen to me yesterday while practicing. So it's definitly not a vibration problem.

4) BEATLOCK
This one happen to me twice. The beat on (again) the left channlel suddenly got lock, whatever track I put on that channel went into that beat. I know I use the "B" button a lot to beat match, it must be something else I did that I dont even know what it is. And I would look bad bad if this had to happen to me during an actual Gig.

Any help would be appreciated since for the first time I'm getting worried before a Gig due to technical issue that might come up.

Thanks guys

Posté Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 10:42 pm
piyo wrote :
Hi guys,

I'm having having two annoying problems.

1) PITCH
My pitch keep on changing constantly +/- 3 to 4 on average. If you have good ears it's noticeble. And this happen of both channels. Now imagne yourself trying to match two songs BPM and both pitch changing constantly and you having to continuously using the left and right direction button to keep the sinc. Trust me not funny at all. DID NOT HAVE THAT PROBLEM WITH THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS

3) SKIPPING PROBLEM
Recently this one happen to me one or two time while practicing. I did not pay to much attention to it until it happen to me at a Gig. Again on the left channel. Thank god that night it was the two of us DJing. My partner had to go back on playing on his CDs while I was supposed to relieve him. I thought maybe it was vibration cause by one of the base speaker that was a little bit to close from my TTs, but all of a sudden it stopped so it was not the vibration. But this same thing happen to me yesterday while practicing. So it's definitly not a vibration problem.

Thanks guys

I think the best thing to do is to stick to relative for now. That's the only way I play without the above problems. Unless someone within this forum can prove/confirm that they are successfully using smart mode.
If there is someone here using smart mode without the above problem here? Let us know so that I can look deeper into why i'm also having this issues.

If you are indeed using relative mode, then I suggest you tweak your system.

Posté Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:11 pm
Will test it excessively this weekend with really really large speakers, to see if the anti-skip works correctly. (No really, 12kWatts of sound, if it doesn't vibrate with this, it wont vibrate with anything)

Are you using freefloats? It really helps alot.

Posté Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:32 pm

Did you reconfigure your timecode?

In the timecode settings..

Posté Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:40 pm
piyoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well I have been using smart mode for years now, I never had that problem before. That's something recent. I'll take your advice and I'll let you know.

norway, I reconfigured, used different timecodes. And as I told you guys the weird thing is, it's alway one the left channel.

Guys keep them coming.

Posté Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:43 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)