Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Loading question

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

skell11PRO InfinityMember since 2006
When you load a song on a deck VDJ gives you 3 options in the config set up - disabled, enabled and always. My question is which setting uses my preset points that I took the time to do for all my 4000 + songs? Or is it a simple keystroke that puts it to my preset, please advise,

Thanks,

SCott

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 12:45 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Which config setup option are you talking about?

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 3:46 am
it is the auto cue in the config set up. I wanted to know which one uses the start cues I set in the auto start start/end points when a song loads and it is not in the auto mix function. If none of those 3 use my preset starting points is there a button or shortcut I can use that will take me to that start point. Hopefully that is clear enough. One of the ways to get around it is to open the mix set up menu and view the start and stop points and click the white line to get the start point that I laid out and then just cancel the window and mix from that point.

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 5:51 am
If I understand you correctly, enable is the one you want. If you have set a cue point, it will go there when you load. Disable just loads the track the way it is, and always will go to a point that VDJ decides is the first beat, if you don't have a cue set.

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 6:18 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Disable does nothing,
enable loads cue #1 if exists,
always loads cue #1 if exists - if not it goes to the first beat or where vocals start or something like this.
(I believe it goes to the mix intro point actually)

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 9:20 am
OK, first there is confusion in terminology here --

skell11 - setting Mix points for the automix will not show up in a manual mix mode OR be used by the Auto Cue feature. What you described as opening the Edit Mix Points works because thats the interface you are working in at the time.

The Auto Cue feature works with CUE points and functions as Apopsis describes above. Actually the 'Always' will go to any cue in numerical order starting with 1. So if you accidentally set CUE point 2 and there is no CUE point 1, then it will use CUE 2 since it exists.

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 4:03 pm
OK,got it the que points dont work when you load a song in manual mode no matter the auto cue function. Is there an easier way to view my set start points when I load a song in manual mode? I went through and set these so I would not have to prelisten to find the given start point. I know it sounds lazy BUT it saves me time for the gigs that I do.

One other idea, if it accepts que points in the "always mode", then how do I set those and save them for next time? If I am able to save a que 1 point, and I have the same song in multiple VDJ folders will it recognize the same song in the other folders or will I have to do all the folders? I will also try to find this in the manual but you guys may be easier to follow. :)

Thanks again for all the help!

Scott

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 4:46 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
cstoll wrote :

The Auto Cue feature works with CUE points and functions as Apopsis describes above. Actually the 'Always' will go to any cue in numerical order starting with 1. So if you accidentally set CUE point 2 and there is no CUE point 1, then it will use CUE 2 since it exists.

No Chris i tried it before post, always goes always to a point above a fixed threshold, usually in a strong beat.
It needs some correction though to act as the normal autocue found in cd-players.

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 5:26 pm
OK, I stand corrected... could have swore in v4 it acted that way and nothing with AutoCue was touched in V5. Not a big deal, I always hit the CUE button as habit on my controller after loading a song (and I use the Always option) if it's not where I wanted it - but thanks for the back check!

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 5:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)