Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet I have no search box

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have done a fresh install twice but there is no seach box also it tells me I have 3000 files when I have more tha 25,000 files
Any suggestions
Rick

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 6:24 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Can you explain in alittle more detail of your 'fresh' install? Did you remove v4.x and clean the registry? Did you delete the whole VirtualDJ directory from program files?

Did you read the Updates Guide where you need to have your external drives plugged in for the database to be converted correctly?
Guide (pg 3) - http://www.virtualdj.com/support/VDJ5-UserGuide_for_Updates.pdf

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 7:29 pm
I did remove v4 I used registry healer & I did delete the virtual dj folder from program files
I now have a serch box but it says there is approx 5000 items & I have at least 25,000 items they are on internal hard drives & it has found some tracks from that database but not all. Is there a specific clean tool ?
Rick

Posté Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 1:06 pm
I have also loaded on my laptop upgrade from v4 I have the search box on both but it wont find all my songs again it is an internal hard drive
Can you help ?
Rick

Posté Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 3:17 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There was no need to delete the v4 install. Did you make a backup or still have the original v4.x database files?
VirtualDJ Database (loginname).xml

Posté Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 4:11 pm
djrakPRO InfinityMember since 2005
cstoll,

We have seen this problem also with a few machines with upgrades and new installs.
Search doesn't work.
We have checked the XML files and the files that cannot be found are in the database.
We are not sure if the problem is that the databases are corrupted or if the search algorithm is faulty.
We fixed all of our systems by de-installing and re-installing V4.3.

We have noticed that database creation has problems thinking hard drives are full when they aren't.
We have noticed that these new scattered databases get easily corrupted.
We have had this occur on more than one of our DJRAK PCs, which are not low end boxes full of shit software from the manufacturer.
All of our systems are clean installs with only Windows, Acrobat, and VDJ.
All of our systems have a seperate boot drive and media drive.
All of our systems have plenty of RAM, one gig or more.
All of our systems have no interrupt conflicts, run the latest drivers, and are Win XP SP2.

Todd at DJRAK

Posté Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 9:24 pm
yeah I updated from v4 on my laptop the searchbox is there but the number of items is approx 3000 when there is 15,000
also I run with the bcd2000 & the old problem of it stopping has come back
o/s xp sp2 I have done all the optimisations reccomended previously
I have gone back to 4.3 for now untill the problems are sorted
regards
Rick

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 3:42 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)