Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Not Happy! - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :
some were..many were not duplicates. It's most likely some bad info in the old playlists. I recently used tag&rename to fix and clean up my tag/filename info.
Yeah and if you cleaned up the info before updating to V5 then the upgrade process didn't see those files as the same files from V4.3 because the filesizes changed from the added info. Moving forward though that shouldn't be a problem... Read the posts in this thread (started by TearEmUp ) -- good info here --

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 7:03 pm
I was going to start a new thread but just though I'd chime in here instead. I had some similar experiences as Max did with V5 last night. I had winamp as my safety net however. My v5 database is from what I can tell completely updated. When I first migrated my 3.4 database over there were many songs which were unanalyzed but that was corrected. Note none of those songs were duplicates or had problems in previous versions and were all tagged correctly. I had done those database suggestions afterwards as well.

I tried out v5 all week before bringing it to a gig and it seemed happy and made sure it had finished background databasing (lol) etc.... Of course Murphy showed up at the gig. I had the crash smiley show up twice and two odd lockups. The two crashes happened during automix for no apparent reason right at a song change with songs i know are safe and analyzed etc... They seemed to occur after I set the autocue to always. With that option not set it seemed fine. Interestingly the program continued to automix in the background properly until I clicked on the recover button. The recover feature did not seem to work in both cases. It simply stopped the software.

The other two incidents were odd also. With always still enabled I actually had the interface completely lock up on the screen but i could still drag songs to the players and control it with my DMC2 and sound was still functioning properly. I restarted the program and changed the autocue back to enabled and had only one further issue... Which was... one time I typed in a search and a "browsing" white box popped up and the program basically locked up except the sound continued. I had to physically close the program and restart it to clear the error. Then I had 3 hours of no problems at all. Haha.

So this was the first time I had run it on Vista at a gig. I have been testing a lot previously. One thing for sure it sounds frigging awesome on vista.

I'm going to set the options to what Norway said for tonights gig but keep winamp on in the background haha.

None of these appeared to be anything to do with hardware so I won't bother mentioning specs other than my gigaport soundcard and DMC2 which both worked flawlessly all night not one hiccup.

I just wanted to post these things since it seems like a number of users have had these issues. Maybe there is some code tweaking someplace still required.

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 8:17 pm
Errr I meant similar experiences to Tophouse not Max ^^^^

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 8:40 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
When you have the smiley that we call the crashguard, please copy and paste the data of the crash on the forum in order to help us to understand your problem (and correct it in a future version if it needs).

Just open the file named "crashguard report.txt" with Wordpad (and not Notepad). You can find it in the VirtualDJ folder, now in My documents.

Posté Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 2:34 am
OK djcel, I'll post the crash details on Monday when I'm back on my laptop. As far as tonights gig went, I set everything for the browser as Norway suggested except for one difference, I left the tag read on load on and 3 songs in got a crashsmiley in an automix session. I changed it to not read the tag at all and it then worked perfectly the rest of the time. I think there may be some funky issues going on with automix and tag reading which is causing it to crash. All indications seem to point to that at least in my case.

There were no interface or browser hangs either. It seems the tag handling may need some refinement still.

Posté Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 10:04 am
Soundman69 wrote :
I think there may be some funky issues going on with automix and tag reading which is causing it to crash.

Yes it's possible that you have bad ID3 Tags in your file. We will see that with the crashguard report.

Posté Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 1:26 pm
I'm not convinced it's an autoplay issue, I am convinced it's a tag issue, since I had one glitch I could reproduce simply by selecting a folder. A resync of that folder cured it.

I think we can take it for granted that V5 does have some 'issues' with regard to transferring/converting an existing (pre 5) database OR, V5 is more fussy about irregular tags than 4.3 was.

Posté Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 1:37 pm
OK finally here is the crashlog for me.

CRASHGUARD
date=708192329
version=5.0
build=500
thread=Main
address=0046fc10
ins=8b421451
excode=c0000005 (0,29)

CRASHGUARD
date=708241524
version=5.0
build=500
thread=Main
address=0246152c
ins=c74024ff
excode=c0000005 (1,25)

CRASHGUARD
date=708242002
version=5.0
build=500
thread=Main
address=0216152c
ins=c74024ff
excode=c0000005 (1,25)

CRASHGUARD
date=708251705
version=5.0
build=500
thread=Main
address=0237152c
ins=c74024ff
excode=c0000005 (1,750093)

CRASHGUARD
date=708251729
version=5.0
build=500
thread=Main
address=01df152c
ins=c74024ff
excode=c0000005 (1,25)

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 9:39 pm
@Soundman69

Thank you for the report. You can now delete your file. Can you reproduce the first crash or do you remember how it appeared?

Apparently the first crash could be a file or folder which doesn't exist anymore or a network that was disconnected

For others crashs, were you using a plugin when it happened?

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 12:02 am
Hi,

The first crash was when read tag was set to on and it was running in automix. The songs it crashed on in automix were completely random as far as I could tell. They were definitely fine in all respects (proper tag etc)and had been played before, existed etc and not moved. There is no network drives associated with any of my music. Automix continued playing the song and even continued automixing the next song. The crashsmiley had appeared and the interface was locked however.

I wasn't using any plugins that weekend. I was using the Mixlab 1.3 skin however.

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 3:25 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)