Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet album/genre/year just disappeared any help please... - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
as it says above just filling in missing file infos on mpegs pressed return on one file and the information went missing on the lot is there a solution to retrieve this missing info or is it back to the beginning again...thanks

Tayla

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 2:41 pm

right click the lots, and multi select by using Shif Key or Control key, and chosoe FileInfo >> Get genre/year etc

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 2:49 pm
norway thanks for reply

you got a thicko here, chose file info but where do i find get genre/year...cheers

Tayla

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 3:00 pm

it only appear when you select MULTIPLE files...

Hold shift down, and choose a range of files, or use CTRL key to select...

You will see the option then :)

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 3:01 pm
norway

thanks your a god send,... used 5 live for the first time last night solid all night not a flicker, fantastic comments from punters when they came to the booth they just loved the look and what it could do on the screens, thanks all round to you and the rest of the team...cheers

Tayla

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 3:09 pm

:)

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 3:12 pm
sorry norway can you help again please

followed the above for the rest of mpg files but is not holding information what have i done wrong...

Tayla

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 3:17 pm
norway

more detailed explaination, when pressing get info from tag and i select the screen disappears then when i select mpg in browser no info has been added to selected files...i realise its me at fault just need to find out what i'm doing wrong...cheers

Tayla

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 3:25 pm

hum, did you loose the file info ?

Try one of the files that previous had info, and chosoe "file infos" ...

A window will apear. Does the file have info stored (look under each box, to see if there is info to get)

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 3:28 pm
bugger they've all gone, were there last night bogey mans been while i was asleep, any way on how to get them back and remember your talking to an idiot...

Tayla

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 3:37 pm
went into ext/hd where files are stored and all id tag info has gone any ideas whats happened i'm the only one that uses this comp...weird its all mpg files

Tayla

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 3:56 pm

did you do something that made them change filesize?

Hopefully Cstoll or someone can figure it out...
Gotta run for gig, but will be back later...

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 4:03 pm
cheers, thanks for help norway enjoy your gig...

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 4:18 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Tayla - you mention ID3Tags and MPGs - so are these video files or audio files? MPGs don't have ID3Tags.

I think there may be a cross in understanding here.

Only use the get genre/year/etc with MP3s as they can store ID3Tags

IF you experience a problem (like you originally posted) then stop what you are doing. And close and reopen VDJ to see if the DB became corrupt. And start using the Check and Fix options in the Config -> Browser tab to have VDJ validate and repair any problems if they exist with the database.

At this point since you told VDJ to get empty data, you may need to add that missing info back in... but first do the Check and Fix on your database.

Also, just for fun... what happens when you highlight all the files and right click and choose the 'Add to Search DB', close VDJ and re-open it... does the data re-appear?

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 4:52 pm
thanks cstoll for helping

tried all of the above no luck, what i mean for tags is file info for vids ie artist/title/album/genre/year were there last night but gone today anyway of finding them or is it a case of get typing... oh bugger if thats the case as i'm leaving for gig 6pm my time and its 4.15pm now and i can't type that fast lol...cheers

Tayla

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 5:18 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yeah sorry sound like back to square 1.

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 5:56 pm
oh bollocks

thanks for help anyway got to go to gig...cheers

Tayla

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 6:34 pm
Spending three days of reanalyzing all .vob and .mp3 files on both the external and internal drives, all the data, including grabbing the ID3V2 from the existing .mp3 files (as well as the Comment field import feature) was present and gloriously helpful.

Shut down the entire system. Rebooted, loaded VDJ, and everything was there perfectly. Packed it into my road case and off to the event I went.

A my first live use of the same identical system (hardware and all), fired up VDJ and more than half the information it took days to import and perfect was gone, MIA, poof...bye bye.

What would cause the database to be so flaky or forgetful from one bootup to the next?

On top of that, doing a recurse of the D:\ drive folders of .mp3s, then CTL-A, then EXTRACT TAGS selection, the program crashed on me three times. Gave me the option to shut down or fix. Picked Fix twice. Data still missing. Picked Shut Down once. No different than Fix.

Not about to spend the same time and effort again.

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 7:08 pm
I have a problem with my info missing, so I spent the day with a few programs, Tag remame, mixmiesters bpm analyzer, pcdj red (old version, better bpm counter then all the rest and it writes to the file). I used all these programs to write new tags and add cd cover to all my files. So far everything is working ok. One thing that I notice is that some info will not show unless you select the file name but after that its ok..

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 8:32 pm
hi cstoll

you ain't gonna believe it but after spending a few days re-doing mpgs managed to get upto g in alphabet bang the files go missing again for no apparent reason just typing merrily away screen goes black get back into mpgs and all the artist info has moved into title box and all other tag information bpm year genr etc has gone, rebooted machine and wallah all info has returned any advice please on what may be happening, as always many thanks...

specs

packard bell
nvidea gforce go 6100
turion 64 x 2
103 gb
windows vista
base score 2.4

got lappy back end of febuary did'nt do any bumps or tweaks just installed vdj straight in and really have'nt had any problems until i put in v5, video side has been working as smooth as a babys bum the machine does not go on the net, any suggestions...

Tayla

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 2:05 pm
80%