Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet specific video lost sound..hissing only heard

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey guys,
I have recently got into showing videos and all is going great.Before i go live at a gig I always test each video that I have placed on my HD.
So..as my library grew I continued to test each one.No problems.
Last night I loaded a video (one of my first,earlier addons that worked fine) and all I got was a static for sound,video worked ok.
I thought it was the laptop so I threw in a cd on my cd deck while I rebooted..and reloaded the same song/video and it did it again.
I proceeded to load another video,different artist and all was well.I traced it back to being that particular artist/dvd.
Question: Can you assign a vob to read 2 different audio codecs? or only 1 codec allowed?

In the bginning I was trying to get the sync of the the video to match up with the music and was able to correct it changing it in the codec choices.
Im beginnig to think that this dvd after it was ripped needs a different codec from the others.Am I right on this?
They are all vob files.

Posté Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 4:34 pm
I've seen this when you rip the wrong audio stream from a DVD, resulting in just getting white noise. Could be related somewhere.

Posté Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 4:40 pm
Ok then..why did it work at my last gig ok and now it dosent? thats what I am trying to figure out.It dosent seem to make sense....all other videos work fine with audio.
the plot thickens.... still using ver 4.3

Posté Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 10:01 pm
File gone corrupt? Does it play ok in windows media player?

Posté Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 10:21 pm
No it dosent play in Windows Media Player..my DVD program opens instead and audio works perfect.I changed the file so Windows Media is supposed to run it but it dosent run still.
Did I screw up somewhere with this DVD rip? I used DVD DECRYPTER and followed your tutorial blog and all the rest of the vids work fine.This did also at first and have set the vob to use VIDEO DECODER in VDJ.

any suggestions?

UPDATE:
I changed the codec to Windows MediaPlayer audio decoder in VDJ and it works now.
But I had to change it to Video decoder before because my vids were not in synch with the videos!!
Can you have 2 VOB'S listed in the CODEC window one for VIDEO DECODER and the other for Windows MediaPlayer or must it read only 1 VOB?

Posté Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 11:46 pm
LINEMAN55 wrote :

Can you have 2 VOB'S listed in the CODEC window one for VIDEO DECODER and the other for Windows MediaPlayer or must it read only 1 VOB?

Well, that confused the hell out of me!

It is possible, since it's only happened with one track, that something has just corrupted somewhere. Can you not just try re-ripping that one track.

I had a vid once that worked fine for months, then all of a sudden it would play for about 30 seconds then stop, a re-rip cured that. It was one of my faves too, Anthem by N-Joi.

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 12:09 am
I wiil have to re-rip the entire DVD tracks.
When I changed to Windows Media codec all of the vobs from that rip worked and the others failed!!

Oh well...thanks Tophouse...great tutorial blogs also!

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 6:01 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)